Major League Baseball (Part 1)

And the angels lost 6-3

https://twitter.com/CodifyBaseball/status/1669187942311657472

no extra credit for distance

Eugenio Suarez robbed of a bottom of the 9th game tying GS. My interpretation of the fan interference rule is any ball that’s in foul territory is fair game for spectators and they can fight players for the ball, not clear what happens with home runs. Since the ball is out of play here, I’d like to think the guy with his hand out could knock the ball back into the field of play and after replay review Suarez gets to circle the bases, but I’m not at all confident that I’m correct.

ETA-Looking closer, maybe the ball isn’t beyond the yellow stripe here. There’s a ~1-foot gap between the stands and the outfield wall at this park.

t wells2

Whenever I’ve sat in the front row of a baseball game I always have a pregame chat with the people I’m with and let them know the protocol for catching a home run ball.

If your team is at bat and someone hits one to the fence, do not try to catch it. If the other team is at bat and hits one and it looks like one of our outfielders might not rob them you get in the way, smack their glove whatever, so they call fan interference.

Lol how hard is it to design stadiums where this isn’t possible?

Screenshot_20230615_170933

Did they ever find Steve Bartman’s body?

1 Like

Angels slotting Gio Urshela in the 5 BOP tonight (WTF?). Dude is not a good hitter, has a .374 SLG in 2023. Of course he comes up with the bases loaded with 1 out and promptly grounds into an inning-ending, tailor-made double play, injuring himself in the process of running to 1B.

Squeezin’ em like oranges. My god get rid of these fucking bozos.

This fucking guy.

2 Likes

Today, MLB reversed their plan to get rid of them next season.

1 Like

What can you even pay him at this point

I was just thinking about this and I’m not sure that full ownership of one of the worst franchises like the A’s would even be enough. There’s no reason to think he isn’t a $75M to $80M per year player right now and probably over the next few years which doesn’t include the marketing stuff.

Just give teams a few ball/strike challenges that instantly go on the scoreboard like tennis. Won’t slow down much and you still have an old fat guy to yell at for the lols.

1 Like

Jesus christ almighty this guy is a disaster.

https://twitter.com/GrantBrisbee/status/1669974851560554496

2 Likes