LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

replace/add Ds or leave if you consider Ds are largely conservative

https://twitter.com/LHGarrett/status/1239756144786145285

5 Likes

And it’s obv BS considering Rs fought to leave the 80% out, but the Ds got played again, and it’s their fault for playing.

Nancy Pelosi did her best.

What do you consider “playing” here? Trying to pass a bill?

The game of thinking they can compromise and still control the narrative.

1 Like

Trump has like a child’s brain. Someone says “if the government just paid for everyone’s healthcare, then we’d save a ton of money” and he says well why don’t we do that?

Someone says “we literally need to give everyone cash right now or the country could descend into chaos” and he says let’s do it. Pelosi says “that’s not the government’s responsibility” because she can’t comprehend what living paycheck to paycheck actually means.

Yeah, but the problem seems to be they have no levers to control the narrative regardless of their play. Right wing media is dedicated propaganda, so that will pump out whatever makes Rs sound good, but the rest of media outlets that matter are for-profit soulless creatures, so they are going to push stupid horse race stuff and give air to the Right’s narrative regardless of the facts. Dems are fucked.

1 Like

Exactly, which is why their image should never be a factor in compromising. Compromise when it’s the best play, not when you think the image of being a Great Compromiser will offset something else.

Oh, I didn’t realize the Dems made a compromise based on image in this instance?

I’m speculating and speaking in general but the alternative is worse in this specific instance.

I understand that Nancy Pelosi did her best. Republicans prevented it.

Just keep in mind that the incompetence excuse for the dems is out the window. They know exactly what they’re doing.

6 Likes

Sorry, I mistyped that. I meant to say:

“I understand that Nancy Pelosi did her best. Republicans prevented it.” - Bernie Sanders, at the last presidential debate.

2 Likes

When she offered the same shit Boris Johnson did, then we know what page she was on all along.

It is my understanding that something close to 90% of the people who are supposedly left out, already receive paid sick leave. I think you are mischaracterizing what happened, they were “left out” because they had sick leave already, Pelosi ostensibly was concerned about people without sick leave.

In an alternate universe where Pelosi et al write a bill that covers sick leave for major corporations, Vict0ar come in here screaming about how it’s evidence she is in the pocket of big business.

1 Like

The other day I saw a list of large employers who basically offer no paid sick leave and accounted for millions of jobs. None of them are covered by the house bill.

Why create an exception for employers with over 500 employers? It doesn’t make sense. If companies already pay sick leave the bill does nothing to them.

Meanwhile a massive number of people are not going to be covered.

1 Like

I don’t know. I imagine it was because the Senate wouldn’t get on board with more. But I guess we should just assume it’s just because Pelosi actually doesn’t want to help those people.

There needs to be a cash handout to every single person. There are tons of people losing out on money that would regularly be coming into their household that can’t be covered by means tested programs and things like sick leave or unemployment. We need cash going to everyone (yes technically the top 0.5% probably don’t need it but the complexity added but cutting them out isn’t worth it) and it needs to happen quick.

2 Likes

Ok, that’s a cool wish list. How is Pelosi supposed to make that happen?

the least she could do is pass a bill that actually does the minimum that is needed. people aren’t out of work because they’re sick, people are out of work because there’s lots of industries with no business right now.