Leftist and Scottish Memes for Seizing the Means

EkpETUhXEAIC4hV

14 Likes

14 Likes

Can we we get rid of the reality TV stunt and just force them to live that way forever instead?

12 Likes

9 Likes

Eki_8qIXgAASNAl EkmtD1hWAAAEpPj

17 Likes

12 Likes

they stole the top of this bench from under him?

4 Likes

I think that’s a urinal…

4 Likes

dugs =

Here’s a meme.

We need to stop kids from being put in cages.

Biden: no I don’t think I will

BOOM

Lol, the thought experiment is a stipend with no work requirement. Actually having to work the job? Sheeeeit.

1 Like

Not to srs biz the meme thread, and I should always be careful about appealing to authority, but, my sister is an immigration attorney and a communist and she’s very firm on the ‘Obama and Joe also put kids in cages’ thing being basically a myth. In fact, she says one of the only good things about the Obama administration was their handling of asylum and immigration issues.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/pinkladyfoxx/status/1318270792539439104

5 Likes

Your sister is a liar

12 Likes

Coincidentally the longest she and I talked about this in a single sitting was a couple nights ago and I said she should do an AMA here.

Of course she doesnt think they’re fake, wat?

If a coyote or other adult presents children at a border station they’re job is over and then it becomes an unaccompanied minor situation and the kids are temporarily detained; “temporary” on the scale of hours, not weeks and months. Because we cant have kids wandering the Arizonan desert.

The big takeaway imo should be that the whole concept of “smuggling” is largely a racist misconception and the part that isn’t is dependent upon US policies. Essentially, there’s less smuggling when the US is welcome to asylum and other migration, but the flipside is far less are actually “undocumented” and they can easily be deported if desired. Immigration and deportation isn’t actually down under trump, rather, there are more actual undocumented people along with more people being initially denied.

Basically, it’s like: if I’m the president and you come in and want to stay, and I say no and send you away, that’s not classified as a deportation. But if I say, hmm maybe, and then later say, ok I finally decided no and send you away, then it is a deportation. So while deportations were the highest under Obama, the overall number of people sent away were the lowest, by total and per capita, because Obama didnt send people packing with an initial no without formal proceedings.

Like I said she’s an international communist who believes in open borders so uhh we’re not going to see any “defense” of Obama in that sense, but the basic premise is Obama had the most open borders in the modern era and the main reason people think otherwise is that they don’t have a full grasp of the wonky shit and semantics and nuances. I mean, it’s The Law, it’s wonky shit all the way down.

I probably even fucked up trying to explain what’s being classified as a deportation, but, like this, the middle column,

is where people got the “deporter-in-chief” numbers from.

If we build walls with guns and minefields and don’t let anybody pass, there will be 0 deportations and 0 people detained in cages but that’s not success.

6 Likes

well fuck

1 Like

p.s.

Just to stress this a bit more,

my mind is kinda blown by how much the whole enterprise is portrayed as “sneaky criminal Mexicans doing sneaky crimes” when the reality is a huge portion of “aiding border crossings” is just helping people get to the station safely to seek asylum. I hesitate even using the term “coyote” and certainly wouldn’t use “smuggler”.

3 Likes

ve8kiubuq2u51
This is a fucking masterpiece.

7 Likes

It is my friend, its a fucking beauty. :joy: