LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Good job giving this guy $100 million Spotify

4 Likes

Meijijingu has a lot of tittles in a row.

He’s just asking questions.

1 Like

Joe Rogan can fuck right off.

1 Like

Listening to 300 or so episodes of Rogan is one of my greatest life regrets. What a chode.

SMH, I see the word ‘organizing’… the last thing I’m thinking of is atomized individuals volunteering to phone bank for some major party candidate. Posted here to LOL w/o disrupting the ‘organizing’.

Well I’m using the campaign definition of the term.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to contribute.

I don’t have any suggestions for how to phone bank harder. I do have a Q about how phone bankers are trained to handle a certain kind of contact however.

• Banker: Hello, sorry to interrupt. I’d like to talk about politics.
  • Me: Well sure, I’m a labor activist. I like talking about politics too.
  • Banker: As you may be aware, J.Biden is competing in POTUS BOWL, and he could use your vote.
  • Me: As you may be aware, our union is involved with the biggest prison strike in US history, and we could use your help doing outside strike support.

by suggestions I mean candidates you might know of that could use support. If you actually read the thread, Biden isn’t our only option.

Might even do more than one and rotate candidates.

I have no idea what a tittle is but my you have my attention.

Naw, I trust you on that end.

I’m just teasing regarding the word use, of course. I’m organizing a FFB league, a phone bank, a trip to Disneyland are all ordinary and proper uses. But… I’d still tease somebody who entitled a thread to start a FFB league “Organizing UnStuck” just as much.

My Q was how do phone bankers get somebody back on script who wants to turn the call into an actual conversation (a bilateral chat) instead of meekly being the victim of a push-poll?

I used to do that with the religious folks who used to come to the door: “I’ll give you a chance to bring me to Jesus -if- you give me an equal chance to talk you into being an atheist”. Fair is fair I’d tell them. The honest ones would tell me they don’t got time for that shit.

You’re going to have wildly different outcomes if you take this approach to a phone banker depending on their level of engagement and experience. If you got me, I would have a conversation with you. If you got a greenhorn, they’d probably stumble through an apology and try to get off the phone as fast as they can. Then the campaign organizer would curse you for being the type of respondent that makes people hate phone banking. Most people, even volunteers, don’t know how to talk about things at that level. They just want to help defeat Trump or whoever.

But neither of us would have any actual power to drive campaign decisions, so the only true outcome for you would be a waste of time for both parties. So much banking is done regardless of location, as well, so you’re as likely to get someone in New York as you are someone in San Diego.

1 Like

Of course. I’d go as far as saying the only true outcome is wasting my time, as the banker is already wasting their time (and doing the X-hour shift) regardless.

I’ve blogged this here before, but the last time I had a precinct walker come a’nockin it turned out to be the candidate herself. She was actually a good sport about chatting not all about herself, took my offered lit & links, and promised to do her own research. She was also a luser.

in other news, this made me think of you

or ins0

3 Likes

I haven’t listened to an entire album since 1998.

I like this a lot. Kinda reminds me of my favorite progressive house DJ.

This is apparently from a Fast Times at Ridgemont High table read.

https://twitter.com/kirbiejohnson/status/1306795165357490176?s=20

1 Like

One of the eternal mysteries of Gran Tornio is that a deplorable like Eastwood actually made Gran Torino.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/RealLyndaCarter/status/1306608178017296390?s=20