Kamala / Walz 2024

Trump is going to melt down constantly during the Convention. All that attention he’s not getting will kill him.

3 Likes

Not the Clintons!

Seriously, I don’t see a benefit to putting Hillary up there. Maybe I’m missing something

2 Likes

It’s the convention. Most of the people there would still take a bullet for her

2 Likes

DNC should give him a speaking slot imo

3 Likes

They could give Fred Trump some airtime to troll him

Put him back on SNL?

https://x.com/Tim_Walz/status/1822683314060144846?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

6 Likes

Going to need more info here.

Dealing with the humans face to face is worth a lot more than just washing dishes.

Definitely keep the Clintons out of primetime please.

1 Like

How so, and why?

I have done both and washing dishes is 10x harder at least.

A restaurant with bad waiters and clean dishes might struggle, but a restaurant with good waiters and dirty dishes is inoperable.

Also, what kind of demographic group do you think is favored by a system where the front of the house makes 2x or 3x what the back of the house makes?

And this of course sets aside the question of why one type of income should be taxed differently than another type, which has been addressed above.

7 Likes

I lived in a big coop in college where you had to work, I think it was, 4 hours per week. “Pot wash” paid time and a half and I think it was the only thing that did. I did pot wash (and maintenance).

1 Like

Washing dishes is fun and serving is maximum stress.

You can stick anyone on dishes. If a server calls in, you can’t just stick anyone on wait, I promise.

2 Likes

I actually had some hope that George W, Romney, some of his former cabinet, et.al., would at least do some commercials on why not to vote for Trump. If they showed up at the DNC even better

1 Like

As someone who sucks at waiting tables, I am in reluctant agreement. Though I also agree with the point that a restaurant can still operate with bad servers but can’t function without clean dishes.

Most people can wash dishes for an hour or even a day, but having worked in construction a lot, I can tell you that lots of people wash out of jobs very quickly because the job is too difficult physically.

1 Like

Maybe I’m being naive never having worked in a kitchen, but don’t restaurants have automatic dishwashers? I never knew people were washing stuff by hand unless it’s equipment type stuff

As a former dishwasher, I’m sorry funcrusher but you’re not escaping the guillotines with this talk

Edit

@Cactus you too

4 Likes

Cactus, immediately go apply to be a weekend dishwasher at a high volume restaurant. Please. For your own education.

3 Likes

They have automatic dishwashers, but think about how much food most people leave on their plates. You still have to pre-clean the dishes. And also take care of a bunch of other random stuff.

2 Likes

You’re being worse than naive. You must know that dishwashing in a restaurant has a reputation of being a hard job and, wherever this labor is available, is mostly done by immigrants who can’t speak English, have few options, and are tremendously hard workers. That should be enough to realize that it’s not just like lazily loading your dishwasher at home.

This guy may, may be a little on the extreme, but if you’ve ever peeked in the back of a restaurant you know, at least when it’s busy, there are people absolutely busting their asses for extended periods.

8 Likes