Kamala / Walz 2024

I think that’s why Walz vs Vance would be so much fun. For once our guy would be the plainspoken salt-of-the-earth option!

1 Like

Yeah, I get that. It’s just not something I personally care about. It’s also a large part of why if I’m Kamala, I’ve got Walz ahead of Pete.

Yeah this is exactly where I am at.

Grunching.

But having lived through Duterte’s massive backswing on democracy in the Philippines, I want to say this isn’t binary.

A trump presidency will make the US much less democratic, it will cost lives, and it will set the US back considerably for years in terms of democracy.

This isn’t binary, so that could range from bad outcomes to very very bad outcomes.

I mean. Trump literally said it. Sure he’s testing the message to see how much he can get away with, but he said it for a reason.

4 Likes

Right, Beshear winning a red state is like Romney winning Mass as a Republican. Didn’t really translate to appeal in other blue states or swing states

1 Like

I would like to formally deny that I am Tim Walz.

4 Likes

Also

“Yeah. I want to feed hungry kids, what a monster” is absolutely the way to defend attacks on popular progressive policy. Don’t concede the ground.

9 Likes

Fox News Sunday anchor Shannon Bream asked Buttigieg whether Vice President Kamala Harris, the presumed Democratic nominee, “was aware of how [Biden] was doing” before he made the decision to step down from the presidential race. Buttigieg acknowledged Biden’s age but pivoted to criticize Trump.

“Unlike Republicans — right — who in Trump’s personality cult will take a look at Donald Trump and say he’s perfectly fine, even though he seemed unable to tell the difference between Nikki Haley and Nancy Pelosi, even though he’s rambling about electrocuting sharks and Hannibal Lecter, even though he is clearly older and stranger than he was when America got to know him, they say he’s strong as an ox, leaps tall buildings in a single bound. We don’t have that kind of warped reality on our side,” Buttigieg said.

When Bream interjected to say that Trump “did say he wanted to get rid of Roe v. Wade, but again, sent it to the states where they are hashing this out.”
“And empowered the states to eliminate women’s access to abortion and also, as you know, the Republican Party continues to be interested in a national abortion ban,” Buttigieg responded.

“Which [Trump] has disavowed completely,” Bream said.

“Yeah, he’s disavowed a lot of things,” Buttigieg said. “Because he lies all the time.”

1 Like

From 2019.

NYT: You also go to Fox News and I am wondering why you do that.

Pete: Well, the reason I think it’s so important to take the message there is because I know that there are so many people who tune in in good faith. So I as a political figure, can hardly blame a voter for not being responsive to our message if they literally have never heard it. And we were in a very fragmented environment. Honestly, we were lucky if we can get to somebody through TV versus just even more fragmented internet sources. And I know that if I’m on that network, I’m one of relatively few voices with our message. And so if I didn’t go there to give that message, somebody might literally never hear it. I also know that you cannot assume who somebody is or how they’re gonna vote just based on what network they watch. There’s a lot of people who can be moved and sometimes the person who picked the channel is not the same as the other person who’s also in the house who’s listening to what’s being said. And so I think there’s a responsibility to take this message into those spaces. Sometimes when you explain what you believe to somebody, even if they don’t completely agree with you, they respect you more and, and are are inclined to maybe trust you and, and give you the benefit of the doubt. So that’s why I’m there.

6 Likes

Me watching folks on this forum (and across the internet, and in real life) become Pete-pilled

12 Likes

My emotions wheel

Ecstatic: Walz, Buttigieg
Happy: Kelly
Worried: Shapiro
Disappointed: Beshear, Cooper

13 Likes

I think mine is exactly the same as yours.

However, one thing I’ve noticed is that Kelly hasn’t really been out there much this week. I’ve seen the others doing TV hits and rallies or campaign events for the admin, and I haven’t seen much from Kelly. That is a bit worrisome.

Can someone tell me what exactly happens to Kelly’s seat if it ends up being him?

At the end of the day I really don’t think VP matters that much (although Vance may be putting that to the test).

None of them take anything away from the table. Here’s what they might bring

Beshear: Nothing
Cooper: Probably Nothing (seriously don’t think NC is in play)

Walz: likeable, almost wish he were running for President instead of Kamala
Pete: he can dunk on them nonstop like no one else. Also if he wins, he will be tough to beat when Kamala is done

Kelly: Maybe AZ
Shapiro: Maybe PA

So all I’m sure of is

Shapiro > Kelly > Cooper > Beshear
Walz > Pete

If you want to combine the lists, it’s going to depend on how likely those four guys are to locking up their respective states. I don’t have a good handle on that. I guess I can safely say Beshear is dead last. He’s never delivering KY and his dunk attempts are weak AF.

If Kelly is picked and Trump wins, Kelly just goes back to the Senate.

I think I’m exactly here too. I’m honestly not too fearful of the Beshear possibility though.

Obviously.

What happens if Harris/Kelly win?

Dem governor appoints a replacement and the seat is back up for grabs in the 2026 midterms.

1 Like

When exactly does the replacement get seated?

I might use different words for the tier names and maybe drop Pete one level but yea that looks pretty good