3 Likes

https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/1321151217482014726?s=19

https://twitter.com/MuseumModernArt/status/1321226794352234503?s=19

8 Likes

25 Likes

4 Likes

Could be worse

11 Likes

A waitress at a Hooters restaurant in Panama City, Florida, was able to wring the value of the prize she had thought she’d won out of the company that had pulled what it described as an April Fools’ joke. In 2001, 26-year-old Jodee Berry had bested the other servers at her restaurant in a competition to see who could sell the most beer in a month to that eatery’s customers, with the winner to receive a new Toyota. When the day came for her to be presented with her prize, Berry was led blindfolded to the restaurant’s parking lot to receive her award, but when the blindfold came off she was devastated to learn that the promised jackpot was not a Toyota automobile but rather a toy Yoda, a Star Wars doll:

2 Likes

Speaking a salesperson what they did to her was straight up wage theft not a contest prank. They had their staff busting their asses to sell the most beer, not just the one who won, but the rest as well. They got tipped employees to deviate from their standard practices by probably a pretty good bit, and their plan was to compensate the ‘winner’ with a prize that wasn’t worth 1/1000th of what they had received.

This kind of shit is not OK, and one of the areas where conservatives annoy me the absolute most is their constant whining about property rights. Let’s accept every premise they have about the capitalist system for a second: a workers main asset is their labor, and they are owed what was agreed upon before they did the work… but I’ve been cheated by many an employer just the same, many of whom considered themselves good Christian capitalists.

3 Likes

Yup. Things worked out great for this particular victim, but I imagine it doesn’t always work out that way.

Berry quit her job and sued Gulf Coast Wings, Inc., the corporate owner of the restaurant, alleging breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation. In 2002 the suit was settled for an undisclosed amount of money, which one of the attorneys involved in the case said would enable her to go to the local car dealership and “pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants.”

On the other hand…

Castillo, who had hired a sitter to stay with her two children so that she could be at the station at 6 a.m. to pick up her prize, was chagrined to discover the “Hummers” she and another listener had won were not Hummer H2s, vehicles that cost approximately $60,000 each, but toy trucks. On 21 June 2005, she filed a lawsuit against the station for $60,000.

Castillo’s case came hard on the heels of another instance of a radio station’s being embroiled in a lawsuit over a contest wherein listeners had been led to believe the prize being offered was substantially different from the one awarded. On 25 May 2005, Norreasha Gill was the 10th person to call Hot 102 (WLTO-FM) after “DJ Slick” (real name Jason Hamman) announced the station would be giving “100 Grand” to the tenth caller. While Gill did get her prize, it was not what she expected: instead of $100,000 in cash, she received a 100 Grand brand candy bar from the Lexington, KY, station. Gill sued Cumulus Media, Inc. for $100,000.

I don’t think conservatives have a monopoly on running straight up scams. In fact, it takes some brains to pull off the good ones (not saying that this contest “prank” was), so I’d imagine they’re pretty much relegated to cannibalising their own with Trump gear and religion.

just memes fuckos

9 Likes

haha I remember this!

1 Like

12 Likes

Now this is humor

1 Like

I like the one better where the horse answers “My alcoholism is destroying my family!”

2 Likes