For me, this one is

:notes:Iā€™m not big on social graces
Think Iā€™ll slip on down :notes:

TO THE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAASIS

6 Likes

Iā€™ve always heard this as ā€œole acesā€

Canā€™t stand that song.

Country Roads and CRUISE are the only good Country songs

I get nostalgic about the 70s country songs that I had to listen to in my stepdadā€™s El Camino:

Mamas Donā€™t Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys
Luckenbach Texas
Iā€™m just an Okie from Muskogee
Eastbound and Down
Thank God Iā€™m a Country Boy

Thatā€™s about all I got. Iā€™m sure a few more would come to be if I heard them.

1 Like

Dude, you better walk the line through a ring of fire to folsom county.

4 Likes

The Waylon Jennings stuff is genuinely good. That guy was a good guitar player and singer, no matter how much a person might not like country as a genre.

1 Like

I sometimes flip on the country station, itā€™s fine for a few songs, until every song is the same song.

3 Likes

GOAT country album (by a weird alt rock band)

1 Like

You might enjoy this:

1 Like

Needs GUNS and CAAAHLLLIFORNYAAA said in a derogatory nasally tone.

The good country music doesnā€™t play on Top 40 country radio. 90% of every genre tends to lack any artistic merit.

1 Like

Yeah I was introduced to Ryan Adams, James McMurtry, Drive by Truckers and some similar bands a few years back. Thatā€™s some good shit!

I know a lot of places in this song, from going hunting and fishing as a kid, and from driving back and forth from Kansas City to SE Texas. I bet Tony Bourdain could have done an interesting show on the region.

And of course 2p2ā€™s own Whiskeytown:

I think that was the same guy right?

I made a thread about this in OOT and am an aficionado of lots of music that some would call ā€œcountryā€ and doesnā€™t suck. Some of the classifications of such music are alt-country, americana, roots rock, etc. Wilco, Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt, The Avett Brothers, Gillian Welch, The Jayhawks, Ryan Adams and all his iterations, Sturgill Simpson, and on and on. And the old schoolers like Townes, Blaze Foley, Merle Haggard, which some would call Outlaw Country.

2 Likes

whaddaya expect from a boy named sue?

1 Like

Cruise is awful, with or without Nelly.

Iā€™m proud to be an asshole from El Paso

Iā€™m proud to be a ______ from Lake Jacomo.

Nope, canā€™t think of anything.

if you shorten it you can be a whacko from lake jaco.

PoMo!