Just memes

1 Like

Anyone who hasn’t tried lechon should Google their nearest and try it immediately.

The problem with BBQ is each region is generally known for a specific type of dead animal. Carolinas are for pulled pork, Texas is brisket and hot guts sausage, Kansas city is burnt ends, Ribs might be a crapshoot but probably St Louis…

Maybe Pacific Northwest for smoked salmon…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Kansas City is known for brisket, ribs and pulled pork (although historically the first two).

St. Louis BBQ is a joke.

Allow me to appeal to the authority of Anthony Bourdain:

People may disagree on who has the best BBQ. Here [Joe’s KC], the brisket (particularly the burnt ends), pulled pork, and ribs are all of a quality that meet the high standards even of Kansas City natives. It’s the best BBQ in Kansas City, which makes it the best BBQ in the world.

1 Like

5 Likes

5 Likes

new level of meta achieved

1 Like

I don’t understand

1 Like

I didn’t think anyone can touch Franklin BBQ’s brisket in Austin. Was truly amazing.

But I haven’t been to Kansas City yet.

I will reluctantly admit the best bbq I’ve ever had was KC (somewhere in Olathe). This is despite spending several of my formative years in Memphis. And at the risk of discrediting myself, second best was an unknown place in the suburbs of DC.

Texas brisket is great. I like Texas-style pinto beans a lot better than KC-style molasses beans.

But I can’t stand that you can’t get fries with BBQ at most places in Texas or the rest of the South. GTFO with collared greens and mac and cheese. Cole slaw, sure. Potato salad, maybe. But I gotta have my fries to dip in BBQ sauce.

And no one can touch KC for ribs.

https://x.com/chadtyson/status/1844575280137961748?t=6jTueac_VaLHRhzSBLcnCQ&s=19

7 Likes

No wonder my Chihuahua goes nuts for chicken. They’re everywhere in his hometown.

11 Likes

20241012_161046

4 Likes

https://x.com/Visit_Wakefield/status/1845170668775632945

8 Likes

Follow up

6 Likes

12 Likes