1 Like
1 Like

Yeah, my mind jumped to this:

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

21 Likes

7 Likes

Weird moment there where I 100% got a beetlejuice meme (the quick draw one). But now we’re back to normal where I feel like Towelie.

3 Likes

I feel like there’s a veeery specific subset of millenials that will remember the Goofy Movie haha. Maybe like 34-40yo today.

3 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

It actually picked up a weird cult status late in its life. Probably from the kids/teens who watched it young having their own teens and remembering that movie where the dad and son connected on a road trip, plus disney + making it available.

Also, powerline fucking rocks, so there is that

3 Likes

Heh like everything else in life I liked when it was obscure and I could wow people with nostalgia by hitting a throwback. The main song (I2I) used to be a go-to of mine in college / post-college 10-15 years ago and would get an amazing reaction from people who recognized it (and a lot of confusion for those that didn’t haha)

Just pulled it up on Spotify and confirmed it still bangs

2 Likes

42 here. There was a girl in my HS class who was an enormous fan. She tried to convince anyone who’d listen it was the greatest movie of all time.

2 Likes

I actually prefer Stand Out because its a bit less sappy, but both are genuinelly good songs.

Finding out nearly twenty yeara later that the guy who was Powerline also did “Can We Talk” blew every part of my mind.

41 millennial here. Never watched it…

If you have D+ id say give it a watch, especially if you have kids. Its pretty high on my 90s Disney power ranking

3 Likes