Just memes

14 Likes

The dress code was “The Garden of Time”. Which has little to do with actual gardens or actual clocks, but not many understood the assignment.

The fable, often praised as one of the writer’s most haunting, tells the tale of the ageing Count Axel and his unnamed wife holed up in their idyllic (if dusty) estate as an army marches towards them across the horizon. Each evening, Axel picks a crystal ‘time flower’ from his walled garden, emitting a bright energy that mystically flings the army backwards, or halts them in their tracks. In the same moment, punishingly, the flower darkens and shrivels, ‘the petals contracting around the vanishing core’. Each evening, a flower gets plucked and the army’s propulsion is temporarily halted, but soon, the beds empty, and with only one flower left, the army are at the gate, a ‘ceaseless tide of humanity’. In the space of one paragraph, the estate is ploughed into a wild and thorny marshland.

A few did, but most just went with “floral” or clocks.

2 Likes

Pfffff

2 Likes

15 Likes

pocket watch is part of his cosplay, wristwatches at events like this are almost certainly sponsored

5 Likes

9 Likes

20240509_103144

22 Likes

2 Likes

too easy

“How much have you ever lost on a game of ‘name that yaoi’?”

Edit: oh shit, thats a girl on the right. I thought it was a Tweek x Craig pic.

https://twitter.com/Nantanreikan/status/1788549639169626542

18 Likes

Some people really hate the driveway schooner.

Ughhh yard stored boat neighbors are the worst. There’s a few in my neighborhood and they universally have a garage full of junk so they park everything on the street and they all have a truck, a daily driver, a motorcycle and a tented junker that never moves. I’ve never been more sure that this dude is the asshole.

And yes I realize this is a Wendy’s, please don’t put in the newspaper that I got mad.

5 Likes

Your answer must be submitted in the form of a meme.

14 Likes

Not to be confused with the driving crooner

6 Likes

lol I tried to meme with my wife

26 Likes

your wife counts like Gronkowski

11 Likes

Pizza math, where 2+2+1=4 :thinking:

1 Like

This is what I got when I tried to meme with my wife after she made too much food for an event (as she always does):

32 Likes