Just memes

As someone who clearly just fell out of the coconut tree, can someone explain to me why that really old quote from Kamala resurfaced now?

3 Likes

Because it exists in the context of all in which we live and all that came before us.

14 Likes

20240211_103938
20240211_103940
20240211_103943
20240211_103945

15 Likes

Man, Maya Rudolph does a really great Kamala Harris

2 Likes

Today I learned that imgflip has a feature that lets you scroll through meme templates while keeping your same caption.

7 Likes

Seems like captions on imgflip exist in the context of all in which they live and what came before them.

11 Likes

8fgepk

12 Likes

statistically pence had to have a better shot, don’t you think? Trump is just a little bit younger but he eats garbage and is in terrible shape

You’d take Biden over Trump in a live longer bet?

I think it’s close myself.

I suspect that whoever wins the election dies first. The presidency ages you pretty bad. Even if you spend the whole time tweeting.

yeah

I would amend my previous statement, Harris might squeak out ahead considering that Biden’s term was after Trump’s, if they were concurrent Trump would be more likely to kick it in office (e.g. trump is probably more likely to choke on a big mac this year but trump from 2017-2021 against Biden 2021-2025 is harder to handicap)

trump is actually probably helped by being in office, he probably never sees a doctor out of office, almost certainly would have gotten offed by covid etc.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Counterpoint: the factual accuracy point about the timing is accurate, but, in the spirit of accuracy, would a T-rex not just shatter an electric unicycle when trying to ride it?

1 Like

The timeline for dinosaurs is really wild when you think about it. Humans have been doing our thing for what, like 10,000 years? Dinos ruled the earth for like 100 million years. Humans are 1/10000th of the way there!

(yes I know a better comparison would be mammals and not just humans but whatever man dinos are awesome)

3 Likes

Agriculture about 12,000 years, civilization about 6,000 years, modern humans about 150,000 years. So yeah, a blip. No way we’re here w/o the meteorite.

1 Like

As the father of a VERY dino-curious 5 year old, I’d like to correct that to 165 million years thank you very much.

Prehistoric Planet on Apple+ is worth the sub alone imo.

3 Likes

I like thinking all the dinos had feathers.

Cracks me up seeing a velociraptor with feathers.

For some reason it makes their gigantic murder claws just slightly less scary.

It was mostly just smaller theropods iirc. Stuff like sauropods and stegosaurs and ceratopsians didn’t, and even big theropods like t-rex probably didn’t (they’d overheat)

1 Like

Heh, I was rounding. I am a very dino-curious adult, somehow never grew out of it. And I’ve considered subbing to A+ just for that show haha

1 Like