Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

suzzer has entered the crypto market.

Nah, I didn’t even buy back into my QCLN because it seems to heavily track TSLA. I’m all about value not high-fliers.

TSLA now higher market cap than FB

FB is up 2% today

lmao. how long til TSLA > All other companies in the SNP500 combined

1 Like

Since March of 2020:

BTC ~$5k—>$40k
TSLA ~$80–>$800 current P/E ratio ~1500

A 1.5k P/E isn’t cool. You know what’s cool? A 1.5M P/E

2 Likes

Right, it was a joke about your issues related to selling/receiving your funds and timing the market.

Just got an email my online bank is shutting down. (Simple). I’ve been using them for like 7 years so I have no idea where to go next. Anyone have any suggestions? Just a basic shared checking account is all I need.

Capital One is solid. I also know lots of people like Ally.

3 Likes

seems legit

1 Like

Another +1 for Capital One. APY for their savings has went down from 1% to 0.3% though over past year or two.

1 Like

https://redneck.bank/

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about Ally but don’t use them personally (my main Checking acct is Chase, but they’re limited geographically). My emergency fund is in a high-yield account with Barclays–IIRC they and Ally are usually near the top for APY on Savings accounts.

1 Like

Do they have an app with decent UI? That along with a “protected goals” account were my favorite parts of Simple.

~ish? Idk if it’s as good as Simple. TBH i only use the app for depositing checks. That part works well though.

lol why does anyone use a bank over a credit union? Mine gives me 1% dividend per month on checking balance. And, you know, isn’t evil.

1 Like

Inertia. I’ve had a Chase account forever, but basically keep a <$200 balance in it at all times. Direct deposit goes in and then payments and transfers immediately go out. If they started charging me, I’d leave.

I’m a degen and have moved almost half my savings to USDC on BlockFi which pays 8.6% APY. Liquidity sucks, but it’s funds I can’t see myself needing immediately under any circumstance.

My friend trusts it enough to hold 3 BTC on there for the last couple of years so meh.

I’ve yet to find a credit Union without archaic design.

Hadn’t considered using a credit union tbh. I have paychecks on direct deposit and bills on autopay, is using a regular bank a leak in this situation?

L O Fucking L. If you care about your savings, take it out of here immediately. No remotely safe bank pays 8.6% in a world of 1% 10-year treasuries. If you want to gamble, then whatever. But recognize that this is a risky gamble and not just a normal high-yield savings account.

1 Like