Investing (aka GameStonk and other gambling events)

I’m basing it off the VOO which is my favorite S&P ETF that trades after hours. It went from $314.30 to currently $306.44, so it’s down 2.5% from the peak today.

Hmmm. I think S&P dropped 1.4% today after being up 0.5% until dumb dumb opened his mouth, and now is showing down an additional 1.75% after hours.

This could spike the blue wave in the senate even further. Maybe make that Kentucky race more interesting

LOL AT&T

https://twitter.com/modestproposal1/status/1313597959586697218?s=21

I’m not even going to look up Randall Stephenson compensation, lol executive compensation, lol america

Edit: couldn’t help myself

What’s a few billion between friends?

https://v.redd.it/2rbtj5qgpgr51

6 Likes

@BestOf

I was cracking up the whole time.

1 Like

I worked for dtv while this happened. Supposedly the whole time until the buyout was approved we were supposed to still do business as normal, including areas where we competed with ATT like content delivery, and have no influence. You may be shocked to hear this, but that was a complete lie. It just means lawyers make a lot of money gatekeeping what can and can’t be said. We called them wormhole meetings - from one company to another with lawyers listening in on both sides.

We had a half dozen people from ATT in our DTV offices - stuck in a windowless conference room for a year that we had instructions never to talk about anything work-related with. They got free lunch every day but man that looked miserable.

AT&T is like the blob - they just absorb everything they touch and make it worse. I transferred to an architecture group within AT&T because my prospects of working on anything interesting in my current DTV department seemed bleak. I had nothing to do. I complained to my boss I had nothing to do. He told me to create my own job.

It took me about a year to figure out most of our group, most of whom work from home full time, had nothing to do. But our biggest “customer” - the guy who ran att dot com - was more than happy to say we were feeding him great things (which he never used) because it was no skin off his back. So a good chunk of my department basically did nothing but a little bit of show work for years on end. Even the govt has better checks and balances.

I did actually create my own job to some degree out of boredom. I got involved in directv now - which was supposed to be their entry into the streaming parade. I knew it was going to be a clusterfuck. I could probably be running the back end of that thing and working 80 hour/weeks for years on end if I really wanted to.

I took the layoff offer/payout and went on my trip. After my round of layoffs and maybe one more, they stopped giving payouts - they just pass you off to a vendor who can do whatever they want to you after a year.

3 Likes

Pretty sure it dropped about 3.50%

well its going up about 3.5% tomorrow

Yeah it won’t be surprising when it turns out Trump saying no stimulus has zero effect on the raging bull market as it makes back the drop in a day or two.

Well he already walked it back too, his beloved market is all he got and didn’t realize his tweet would tank it lolololol

Who knows though with him wildin’ on the dex. It’s kind of amazing how stupid the market is, like why would a tweet matter when if you follow politics you’d know there is no chance of a deal getting done before Febuary and even then only if dems get the trifecta.

1 Like

Exactly its amusing that they give any tweets of his any legitimate attention

1 Like

I’d be so furious if I had puts

I have puts. Confirmed been furious since April.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t puts have printed yesterday? All the puts guys on wallstreetbets made bank

It’s all probably going to get wiped out today.

Some sort of Stimulus+vaccine news (if any) surely drives Spx to 3500ish pre-election?

Oh good, we’re STONKING today

1 Like

Dow Jumps 530 Points as Renewed Stimulus Hopes Boost Value Stocks

???