International Soccer: POCH

…and that was without Michael Laudrup, the best European attacker since Cruyff.

Yup, legend.

England still haven’t solved their lack of goals from open play. All the alleged attacking talent the media keeps drooling over is incapable of scoring goals in sufficient numbers to overcome a shaky defence/GK, imo.

There isn’t a single free flowing attacking team in the euros though. Portugal and France play pretty defensively, the rest don’t have the talent.

Even the format of the way they are including the 3rd places seems wrong. It’s unbalanced.

If you win Group A or D, you have to face a 2nd place and then (probably) a group winner.

Whereas if you win Group C or F, you get to face a 3rd place and then not even face a group winner in the QF.

It’s 1312/1322/1312/1322 when it seems like it should be 1313/1222/1313/1222. That way if you face a 2nd place in the R16 as a group winner, you’re guaranteed to not face a group winner until the semis.

Belgium? Admittedly I haven’t seen them play recently. But they’ve definitely got the personnel for this.

Theyre maybe the closest but Hazard had a terrible season where he was lazy and out of shape and De Bruyne broke his orbital bone last week. They don’t have the depth of england/France/Portugal if those guys aren’t playing at their best.

I agree they’re below those countries in quality, I was commenting on their style. I’d say that they’re “free flowing attacking”. At least that’s what they’re shooting for, which is quite different from France and Portugal, who really aren’t trying to do that (France probably is capable of playing this way, but it’s likely lower EV for them, so they don’t).

Yeah I’m just not sure they’re going to be capable of this with Hazard on this form and De Bruyne might have to miss a game or two.

Let’s go USA

3 Likes

Well, easily the most accomplished players at the club level of all time on this USMNT squad. We’ll see if they can put it together, obviously not guaranteed at all.

Also fuck Mexico’s NT.

Biden should really piss off the right and make the official name of our country ESTADOS UNIDOS. It sounds so much better.

USA coming out in a 3-4-3 with a 2 man central midfield. Mexico running with a 4-3-3 with three in the middle. Will be interesting to see how USMNT addresses that in their defensive shape.

Are we going to lose?

Yes great defense we have

lol

showed up 1 minute late.

is it over?

Guarantee they don’t qualify for the WC

Golden generation lol

man the fact that Mexican isn’t dead remarkable really, can’t wait for 80 more minutes of that nonsense.