The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Is dark supernatural? All this talk makes me want to watch it but I’m not much into supernatural stuff.

Twilight Zone S1 is elite. The premiere for series II was so good I am waiting to watch the rest with my SO.

For something timely, go straight to the S1 episode “Replay” about a story of one woman’s fight against police brutality.

1 Like

Nope.

I haven’t seen any of the others but Justified was one of the best shows of the last decade.

1 Like

Watched an episode of The Floor is Lava, #1 show on Netflix. It’s a game show where teams of 3 have to navigate their way across a room without falling in the “lava”. There weren’t enough funny falls to keep my interest. And the fact they have each team do the same room gets repetitive even though it makes sense for fairness. Not sure I’ll watch more.

I put up a thread for the final season of Dark.

I’m down for a watch party with everyone else if one can be organized.

2 Likes

Grunching a bit but Dark is one of the few multi season sci fi shows that both “makes sense” and pays off repeatedly. At least through two seasons it has all at least been logically consistent. I have some real doubts about the ending to S2 though. Some of the acting is also fantastic. Old Helge, Ulrich, young Jonas, Noah, young Mikkel, etc. It’s a top notch show.

1 Like

Perry Mason hype?

Thought the first episode was a bit of a tough hang, but also had some really good moments. And I’m a sucker for Matthew Rhys, so I’ll be along for the ride.

3 Likes

Yeah that was a wild ride. Not sure how they can keep that pace up for a full season let alone a series, that was Uncut Gems level intensity in spots. Felt like a season finale rather than a premiere. I’m in for sure. Loved the setting, period, music, costumes, Rhys obv great, Lithgow great as always, solid cast all around.

Has the gf seen Dickinson, the AppleTV+ show where Wiz Khalifa plays death, John Mulaney plays Henry David Thoreau, and Dickinson is portrayed as a lusty teenager who throws parties where other lusty teenagers take lots of opium and then twerk?

1 Like

see if you can talk her into The Great instead.

5 Likes

What do I do to myself if I think this sounds awesome?

Starring Hailee Steinfeld as Dickenson. She got her start you’ll recall as the young lead in True Grit.

Ty for reminding me. This looks great.

1 Like

Good for you, The Shield is the GOAT but also The Great is one of the best shows I’ve seen this year.

I’m on season 7, ep 3. Really enjoying the ride so far

2 Likes

Oh, man, shit REALLY pops off in a few episodes. Although you’ve already seen the death of Lem, one of the most devastating things I’ve ever seen on television.

Speaking as someone who shits on Uncut Gems whenever it gets brought up, I just watched it a third time and KG kills it every time. Sandler is also good.

3 Likes

Netflix removed the D&D episode of Community where Chang paints his face black to play a dark elf.

I suppose given the scene of Mad Men where Roger literally wears blackface, it’s fortunate that their streaming license already expired or that would get axed pronto as well. The scene was cringe worthy then and it’s cringe worthy now.

There’s quite a bit of cringey stuff in Community. I’m watching season one for the first time since it aired and it’s…not great. There’s a running joke that Pierce says something racist or homophobic but it’s not really racist or homophobic because the other characters react to it that doesn’t really work in 2020.

I haven’t seen s1 in so long. Ty for mentioning it. I have a feeling we are going to reassess a lot of media.

I am working with one client whose story features an antihero cop. This was contracted months ago, so now, it’s like uhoh, wtf do they do here? Wait and see how Brooklyn 99 handles cops as main characters?