I want more modding, do you?

Right, a mod would have to confirm that. I’m working off memory from back when I was a mod.

I think you’re right about mods seeing the history. I don’t think documenting actions is too much paperwork. If it is, just do less modding. There’s no quota on any mod to do a certain number of actions.

Right, so all the mods can see what words were deleted.

Yeah, see, this is my opinion, too. If there’s an objection, we can get the documentation, but writing something up for every action is just a chore.

I do want to say that an awful lot of people here care about this place and want to make it better. Even if we don’t agree on how. That’s something we can all be proud of even if we ultimately fail.

2020 has sucked but it has been better for knowing all of you.

16 Likes

Have you switched from alcohol to pot recently? MDMA?

Heavy Pot and alcohol user. Zero MDMA since 2000. I grew this baby this year:

9 Likes

I think a calcified pocket of 20yo xtc has started leaking. :)

3 Likes

Lucky bastard!

2 Likes

Maybe I’m just trying to do my part rather than the opposite lol.

1 Like

That’s better than deleting, but most of the time I don’t see the point in deleting or hiding. I think more of asking people to chill out might work, and there’s no reason that has to be just mods doing it.

2 Likes

This is a very good suggestion and would make the complaints about mod workload moot. Can’t take much more than a few additional seconds to move it to a locked thread rather than deleting it, right?

Right people are asking for more moderation.

Oh fuck off!

:joy:

1 Like

I want to applaud your initiative itt. You are doing good work. I also want to say I fully support increased visibility into the modding process, within reason. As has been pointed out, it can’t make the volunteer and thankless job so burdensome nobody will do it.

That being said, we cannot let a few people embed the completely false idea these changes are needed due to some kind of bias on behalf of the mods. Firstly, it’s incredibly insulting to the mods who have done good work for free and zero thanks. More importantly, it’s just empirically false. Not one person making the claim has provided a shred of evidence it is true.

At some point we need to acknowledge that the claim is no different than “Trump won Georgia”.

2 Likes

Why wasn’t Jman banned? I won’t call you Trumpian in return but instead ask you to tone it down.

2 Likes

?

Thanking mods has always been like some kind of “thank you for your service” civic duty. Mods get hoards of thanks.

It’s not that hard and as the great walrus hunter said:

“Up in our country we are human!” said the hunter. "And since we are human we help each other. We don’t like to hear anybody say thanks for that. What I get today you may get tomorrow. Up here we say that by gifts one makes slaves and by whips one makes dogs.

1 Like

I only thank THE TROOPS

5 Likes

Fair point. It’s pretty thankless in the generic sense of the word.

I agree that was a mistake. It’s not evidence of bias against the left. It may be evidence that mods are more reluctant to moderate other mods, which seems like human nature.