History Of The World From A Gambler’s Perspective: A Scholarly Discussion

If you haven’t met him, you have no idea how awkward and angry he is.

My Dad is 3rd generation Italian. He barely knew any words but somehow has a really good Italian accent, which he always used around me as a kid for comedic effect.

When I have gone to Italy, or Nice (which is tons of Italians) I just slip into his comical, almost offensive, Italian accent. Think “that’s ah spahcy meat-a-ball-a”.

I’ve gotten so many comments from Italians that they can understand me so much better than most Americans.

I can do a Southern accent really well from my stepdad too.

Anything else is mostly a disaster. I have to work really hard to not speak Spanish in an Italian accent.

3 Likes

There it is! I tried looking for this post for the Assholes draft when I took MM and couldn’t find it.

It’s no wonder he had that forum nuked.

Great job finding that tweet, sorry about the ban. For some reason I thought you got nuked for that.

Did we ever get MM to acknowledge Adelson in any form? I’m thinking no.

The Theory of Spelling, by MM

That’s why I should’ve done all this. He’s not suing anybody living outside of America.

If I were not worried about copyright infringement, I would record myself as the narrator in my best Confederate accent.

Of course excerpts are on the table if everyone wants to take their favorite paragraph…

Maybe I don’t understand copyright law but I don’t see anyway anyone could ever be sued for reviewing a book or using excerpts to do so. Don’t authors seek out exactly that for their books?

Fair. I guess anyone could be sued but would they win? I’m no lawyer so I’m asking not making a claim.

No way I could read this book without losing my mind. Did he fire his proofreaders?

MM’s last two books are a prime example of someone taking the fact that they are intelligent in one specific thing and extrapolating that they are intelligent in all things.

See also: Ben Carson.

They wouldn’t win, but one of the bad aspects of our system is that it will still probably cost you a good chunk of money to defend.

Wasn’t the entirety of DUCY the same thing?

They see poker dying and are trying to branch into other disciplines but don’t have tye knowledge to do so.

If Trump did any gambling, it was by saying the quiet parts out loud. But to be considered gambling, wouldn’t that have had to have been a conscious decision and not just the ramblings of a senile racist that couldn’t help himself?

2 Likes

Gambling 101: Never bring a sword to a gun fight.

1 Like

He paid those guys thousands of dollars and received advice which cost him millions in squandered opportunities. It makes me so happy every time I think about it.

How can you possibly not have seen dozens of pictures of Mason after spending so much time on that other forum?

This is a well known phenomenon in academia. There are tons a famous examples.

They weren’t even that good at poker. I used to be among probably the top 100 people in the world who understood the math governing single table SNGs. It wasn’t because I was really smart. It’s because it was obscure bullshit that not that many people in the world had tried to understand.

At the time HPFAP was released you couldn’t make serious money playing limit holdem. That came later.

The number of times I heard something on the theme of you’ve played so tight why are you going insane now we’re on the bubble?

Just a run of good cards…

3 Likes