History Of The World From A Gambler’s Perspective: A Scholarly Discussion

I did fine in English in middle school and high school then took a 6 year break before college to fill my body with malted hops and bong resin. English semesters in college with writing assignments were major refreshers with the stupid errors I would make. Reading this thread makes me self conscious.

1 Like

To be fair: I had to take several courses in linguistics at university, so those words are more from „my language“ than yours.

1 Like

In these hard and trying times I did acid (from a gamblers perspective) and bhohohoyy let me tell you guys, might as well stud hi/lo

1 Like

I can’t tell if you are slandering the great game of stud hi/lo.

There have been so few times that I have bothered to hate-read books. Finishing the Sword of Truth series and getting well into double digits of the Anita Blake novels come to mind.

Should I buy this book for the purpose of posting hot takes here?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

The move from a structuralist account in which capital is understood to structure social relations in relatively homologous ways to a view of hegemony in which power relations are subject to repetition, convergence, and rearticulation brought the question of temporality into the thinking of structure, and marked a shift from a form of Althusserian theory that takes structural totalities as theoretical objects to one in which the insights into the contingent possibility of structure inaugurate a renewed conception of hegemony as bound up with the contingent sites and strategies of the rearticulation of power.

Yeah. It’s from Dennis Dutton’s competition.

I cannot figure out the target audience for this book

1 Like

23 Likes

I can’t stop laughing.

6 Likes

It’s like 3-5 people looking for a laugh and then about 20 inbreds from NVG.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s meant to impress conservative elites. I’m kind of hoping this leads to Mason Malmuth running for political office.

2 Likes

Vice comptroller of Clark County?

2 Likes

I mean if he tweets enough nice things at trump he might get a retweet and then sell a million copies to PACs.

4 Likes

Someone should push him to try to run against Masto in 2022.

1 Like

And what if he won?

It would certainly be a gambling event.

14 Likes

Mason can’t even do the right wing grift correctly.

1 Like

That game still had one of the wildest hands I’ve ever played. One player is raising/capping literally anything, only one person folded third street so everyone’s chasing because the pot is so big. Me helping out capping no made hand yet on fifth and sixth because I was sure I had the best of it. (running it in a calc later I was correct) the trying to donate player ends up hitting a pair on sixth, two on seventh to scoop the whole thing.

anyway back on topic, it’s absurd (I’m just guessing here) this entire book idea came from one of those internet click bait advertisement slide show page things followed by whatever was in wikipedia.

That’s meme material

He just needs the right non self weighting strategy