GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

meh, that seems dumb, if you’re a world-class athlete and you want to compete against the best, it’s the pinnacle of competition for most sports. The fact that they arbitrarily divide the participants up by imaginary lines on the map doesn’t change the fact that you’re competing against the best.

4 Likes

nobody needs the olympics for that anymore, it’s just the highest profile venue

None of those lines are arbitrary wtf is this crap. Nearly every country a bunch of people died for those lines. (sure often for stupid reasons, but some wtf there)

Is this a rural thing? I guess it might make sense in that context. Are you able to get satellite for that type of thing now anyways?

Damn city slickers.

https://twitter.com/bendreyfuss/status/1410630719471198221?s=19

8 Likes

I mean you can absolutely have pride in the people of your country and want to represent them without representing your shitty government, and symbolically shun the flag. Are we doing Kaepernick again here?

2 Likes

56 posts were split to a new topic: Britney is not Out of her Indentures

My last experience with Frontier FIOS was absolutely soul-crushing. 2 hours spent mostly on hold because the customer service person couldn’t even answer the simplest question without putting me on hold for 15 minutes. And in the end nothing got resolved.

1 Like

One time with Comcast my online chat was with Jesus (true story). He saved me pretty quickly if I remember.

3 Likes

I called Cox for support once and after giving my name it turned out that the support guy was a close, but forgotten friend of mine that I hadn’t talked to in about a decade because I had left town and recently moved back. Hooked me up with super internet speed for free. Then we started hanging out again. Weird coincidence to get him in the phone when there were likely hundreds of other support people that could have answered my call.

2 Likes

Elon says 500k people on his sat network by years end.

The current satellite option is fairly limited and requires a land based backhaul/upload.

But starlink could be a boon for a lot of people.

I don’t know if it is rural or not. An interesting thing I have noticed this year is the republicans are hardcore against internet access to serve rural communities because the big ISPs pay them all off. But it is a weird tug of war because a huge majority negatively impacted by it are Republican voters.

Of course it would require them to realize they are being screwed and then to care enough to do something about it.

Accessibility was certainly a big part of AOL dial up zombies but some significant percentage is just people who had it on auto pay forever and never canceled.

I feel like I remember hearing the percentage of active members was fairly low. I don’t know if it is still an issue now because AOL has changed hands so many times.

1 Like

I saw that movie by Damon Lindelof it was meh.

But it was cool seeing fictional right wing gun nuts killed.

That’s really cool.

I once had an acquaintance from a Facebook group deliver me a package from Amazon. We saw each other through the window as he was coming up the lawn and gave each other a look like, “Is that…?” He only had one more delivery, so we chatted for an hour.

Xfinifty customer service is terrible. Their product is good, prices are highway robbery, customer service is the pits. Nobody can ever help with anything and every time I renew, I’m told one thing about my package/pricing and given/charged another, so I have to make more phone calls.

The Xfinity technicians (or contractors) that come to the house when there is an issue are great, though. Had a very mysterious problem with our service a couple years ago and the same guy came out multiple times to keep trying different things. In the meantime, he gave me his cell so I could keep him updated. When he finally figured out the problem, he sat outside in the van for 30 minutes to make sure everything was working fine before he left.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1410748685231681537

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1410804907637186560

https://twitter.com/OhioWarRoom/status/1410773236678279177

Jason Miller: Whoa, this guy is too big a scumbag to be on this site.

Lol, sure man.

1 Like

This is my take.

You got a source for this? (Genuinely asking, I have no idea about any of the details of this story).

My understanding is that her father ceded financial control to a court-appointed conservator, so I’m skeptical of the financial angle. I have no clue what sort of person her father is. The reason I’m a little skeptical of the dominant media narrative - that is, that this is outrageous and Britney is being held prisoner - is that it’s totally impossible for the conservators to defend their case publicly. They can’t very well be like “well here is a list of 50 batshit crazy things she did which is the reason this is happening”, so I’m hesitant to rush to judgement.

fuck that guy so hard. can’t even enjoy reading a dilbert anymore.

7 Likes

Lol poor baked Alaska. No freeze peach on GETTR

“If a preliminary injunction is not issued, the plaintiffs’ members will sometimes be compelled to speak and will sometimes be forbidden from speaking, all in violation of their editorial judgment and the First Amendment,” Hinkle wrote. The tech companies would sometimes be forbidden from speaking because the Florida law’s definition of censorship includes not only deleting content, but also “post[ing] an addendum to any content or material posted by a user.”

The law also said that online platforms “may not take any action to censor, deplatform, or shadow ban a journalistic enterprise based on the content of its publication or broadcast,” unless the content is “obscene.” Another provision would give Floridians the right to sue Big Tech companies over content-moderation decisions.

LOL FLORIDA

The law carved out an unusual exemption for tech companies that happen to also own large theme parks, which would benefit Disney and Comcast, the latter of which owns NBCUniversal including Universal Theme Parks.

1 Like