Good guys with guns and robot dogs: The police?

By the way the same officer arrested an 8 year old somewhere else that day. They are supposed to get permission to arrest anyone under 12. He didn’t in either case.

FYI this cop has been fired

1 Like

Meanwhile this piece of shit murderer is sure to walk

https://twitter.com/cbsnews/status/1177612169376145409?s=21

No backsies.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1177767879229497349

1 Like

We know why though. Appreciate the honesty.

1 Like

Whatever quote that microbet always posts about being on the other side of the policeman, seems like the right default take.

“I have no particular love for the idealized “worker” as he appears in the bourgeois Communist’s mind, but when I see an actual flesh-and-blood worker in conflict with his natural enemy, the policeman, I do not have to ask myself which side I am on.” - George Orwell

2 Likes

Yeah, but let’s not throw hypotheticals at this particular cop - because he actually did show restraint when not knowing everything.

But they absolutely should prosecute any cops who gun down people in so many “Oh, look, a black person” situations.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1183183326573727744

Happened not far from me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shaunking/status/1183204306981412864

So brave

“Officer involved shooting” is the most AIDS politically correct bullshit ever. A cop shot a woman, just fucking say it in plain English.

1 Like
  • There was like a nano second between “putyourhandsupshowmeyourhands” and pop
  • Anyone know why the cop was snooping around in the first place? Was he on a call?
  • The default for any police shooting that doesn’t involve a shootout should be immediate arrest and suspension WITHOUT pay. If found justified, they can be reinstated and receive their back pay

Without knowing any more details this is disturbing AF

1 Like

It was supposedly a welfare check called in by a neighbor.

Cops should get like 2x the standard consequences for a crime when they make a mistake. The only thing that will cause them to slow down and make absolutely certain that force is the right option is fear of consequences. Also if your body camera turns off nothing the cop gathers evidence wise is admissible and the cop gets written up. If your body cameras batteries die or whatever you’re out of service until it can be repaired.

The training cops go through should be mugshots of cops who got 20+ year sentences for violent crimes NOT that one video of a cop giving some people the benefit of the doubt and getting shot to death. That video has gotten a lot of innocent people killed.

I’m sorry but a certain degree of risk is implied when you become a police officer. You’re out there to take a risk sometimes. Sometimes cops are going to die because of that. That’s infinitely better than what we have now where they think that they can do whatever they want whenever they want to do it and their brothers in blue will back them up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1183525130292600832

By the way the Jefferson murder was the 6th by Fort Worth PD (plus one wounded) since June.

I have lived here for 36 years, that number sounds like a lot.

This is America, you can’t go around antagonizing police like that. They are above the law and they know they can fuck with you with impunity. We’re basically in a police state, or very close to it, and people should act accordingly - and more importantly vote accordingly to try to fix it.

1 Like

So they see her playing video games and they fucking shoot her through the window? Death penalty to these chodes.

If you want someone dead, you don’t even need to call a hitman or SWAT them anymore. All you have to do is call in a “welfare check”, at least if they’re brown.

I put it at about a 10% chance they’re convicted of anything with more than like a month of jail time as a consequence, and there’s maybe a 70% chance they get kicked off the police force and have to go get a job on another police force.

We’re at the point where there are only two productive things to do when we see these stories, I think/fear, because clearly nothing is happening with the current political atmosphere:

1. Protest en masse - usually this means waiting for the local community to organize it and then joining up in support. (I say this as a white male, so it’s not for me to try to lead on this it’s for me to follow and support the people who need my help in protesting. And we should be willing to be on the front lines of those protests, trying to protect the members of the community who are more susceptible to police violence by positioning ourselves accordingly.)

2. Store up the anger, save up the righteous indignation, and then remember it when the time comes to volunteer for 2020. Remember it when you are deciding whether to go knock on doors for a candidate. Remember it when it’s raining and cold and miserable outside, but you have to make yourself go do it anyway because fuck the people who keep letting this happen. Fuck them if it means knocking on doors in a fucking blizzard or a hurricane or whatever. Fuck. Them. We have to win.

1 Like