GOAT TV Theme Songs: Bracket Set (Post 1228), Finals: Jeffersons vs. Mssion: Impossible

I’m not as familiar with protocol for such a thing. I’d be happy to follow your lead.

A tournament for this would be exhausting.

1 Like

This is the movie theme, not the TV theme!

2 Likes

i have two tv theme songs in my spotify favorites playlist. one is white lotus season 2 theme and the other is:

3 Likes

Oh shit. Had no idea this was Bob James.

1 Like

Actually, a seeding strategy that is both objective and fairly easy to obtain is to just go by youtube views. Our votes would be the final metric, of course, but that’s a reasonably fair starting point.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Fixed! The lyrics really do hit hard though.

2 Likes

Which view count would we use? Gotta think some of the video selections were grabbed randomly than by which one had the highest view count.

Will gladly vote in this with the hope that you’ll still end up doing a TSwift bracket afterward.

2 Likes

Oh, I totally agree with you. But I’m going to be a nit in a bracket stacked with good entrants. The MASH theme is iconic, but the TV theme is much worse than the movie theme, cuz yeah, those lyrics are dark. Too dark for TV, apparently.

1 Like

I think it’s most fair to our gracious and inspired host that the view count of the video posted here is the one used for seeding (or the highest number of views, in case different versions of the same theme are posted). Let it be incumbent on the nominator to secure the best seeding for their nomination.

1 Like
1 Like

Pretty recent cultural touchstone had a banger that has not yet been nominated:

3 Likes

Cheers on that. Proceed Governor.

This doesnt get enough love

2 Likes

Ban everyone for getting this far and leaving out the undisputed GOAT of GOATs:

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes