GOAT Sandwich Tourney! (no actual goats were harmed)

I grew up in northern Illinois and we messed with the braunschweiger and liverwurst.

:handshake:

I grew up on a farm and we made our own liverwurst, and various other sausages, but no Braunschweiger.

I have found that I am voting for whichever picture looks the most appetizing. Choose wisely!

2 Likes

A huge factor for me is easiness to eat. I don’t like it when sandwiches (or hamburgers for that matter) loose stuff when you eat them. E.g. the meatball sub seams sloppy in this regard, and more so the chicken salad sandwich. Who makes a sandwich out of salad anyway? Just eat the salad!

So I like my sandwich filling firmly situated, but tender. Like minced raw meat for example! :transmet_smiley:

Meatball subs are a disaster to eat. But soooo good.

1 Like

Can’t do it.I would have to rebuild the sandwich; cut the meatballs in half or something. Another example is chicken heart sandwich:

How do you eat that without loosing a heart or two?

German sausages concern me. I always fear the wurst.

Trying to remember a similar joke my dad tells, I can’t come up with it but I’m pretty sure the punchline is “the sauerkraut has arrived, but the wurst is yet to come”.

1 Like

I heard a strange story once about a butcher’s apprentice who was rescued from drowning in a river. He overwhelmingly thanked his rescuer, and said “Sir, I am but a lowly butcher’s apprentice; I have nothing to give you. But maybe I can save your life, too. Don’t eat sausages!”

2 Likes

I feel your prejudiced towards meatball subs should be disqualifying in some manner. :wink:

1 Like

Yep , runny egg takes almost any dish over the top. How is that one close…?!

Chopped cheese over PB&J shouldn’t be this close. I love PB&J, too - it got a tough draw.

1 Like

Not sure why these are even considered two separate entries.

How does adding an egg make it a different sandwich?

1 Like

Some close matches in round 1

The initial graphic of 40 cannot be questioned!

A question…

If I make a sandwich with chicken salad, lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon, is that a BLT with chicken salad, or a chicken salad sandwich with bacon?

That’s a great sandwich btw.

1 Like

Chicken salad w/bacon imo

2 Likes

Club chicken salad imo.

1 Like

Never had or heard of chopped cheese. It’s just an NYC thing or it it something you can find a good version of in most major metros if you look for it?

Never had one outside of NYC

1 Like