GOAT Movie Themes - Last Block of Round 2 posted

Wow really throwing Anna Karenina under the train with this matchup

3 Likes

SCANDAL IN THE FIRST ROUND!

1 Like

Can I get a @moderators to put this banner at the top plz

Should the link be to this thread?

I edited slightly to make a bit cleaner - let me know if it doesn’t look right to you.

1 Like

We need a thumbs down button so bad! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Perfect. Appreciate you.

2 Likes

Wut. I love the film but the soundtrack is mid as fuck.

The Oldboy theme is a timeless work of art.

2 Likes

grunch:

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been submitted or even if it counts because it’s a documentary, but this score perfectly fits the movie it was made for imo

2 Likes

A true grunch

I fucking knew it. I knew I was going to click my vote into the lopsided Braveheart-St. Elmo’s matchup and see some bullshit going on in the ongoing results.

2 Likes

You are nuts the crimson tide soundtrack played on loop on every cinephiles stereo in the 90s. I’ve seen old boy like 10 times and couldn’t pick that theme out of a crowd.

1 Like

Hadn’t thought of this but agree it’s perfect for the film.

1 Like

<taps the “I fucking knew it” sign>

Jurassic Park is a legit contender to ship the whole thing and STILL isn’t shutting out The Village 100% to 0%. That Village theme is pretty good while being WILDLY overmatched; these are goddamn sympathy votes.

1 Like

This one seems to have slipped through the cracks.

2 Likes

I…can’t disagree that I voted for The Village in part because I nominated it. I want it to live to fight another day, but it’s just bad luck for it to go up against a GOAT straight out. I’d have preferred to see it against Hans Zimmer or Klint Mansell.

This is going to be a lot of fun, because I’m so much less familiar with these than the TV ones.

Will vote tomorrow.

1 Like

Dangerous Minds vs. The Matrix: I like Gangsta’s Paradise a lot, but if a lyric song is going to get my vote it’s going to have to very clearly win the contest instead of being anywhere close, so I voted Matrix.

Oldboy vs. Crimson Tide: didn’t find either that terribly interesting musically. Closed my eyes and went with Oldboy.

The Wrestler vs. The Da Vinci Code: Don’t really like this song from The Wrestler. Da Vinci Code gets the nod.

Braveheart vs. St. Elmo’s Fire: I won’t even ask the St. Elmo’s voters to explain themselves because I know that it’s bullshit. Braveheart should be crushing this as surely as it should be if it was up against the theme from Little Einsteins.

Indiana Jones vs. Anna Karenina: I do actually like the Anna Karenina score and would give it my vote in some instances, but c’mon. Some matchups should be shutouts, and the fact that this is going that way so far is correct.

Exorcist vs. Free Willy: Honestly I do like this Free Willy song, it’s a guilty pleasure, but I don’t like it enough to vote for it. Exorcist.

Jurassic Park vs. The Village: speaking of matchups that should be shutouts…

Blade Runner vs. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: yeah I don’t know, this is another one where I wasn’t into either entry, guess I got a bit more from the Charlie theme. Off to Bellevue I go.

1 Like

I’m actually struggling with this a bit. There are several in this round on which I haven’t voted because neither of them do anything for me.

2 Likes

I never saw Anna Karenina, but I did try to read it once…

Anyway, it’s easily top 5 in this bracket of 16. I like it a lot. I thought about voting for it for a few seconds.

1 Like