GOAT Movie Themes - Last Block of Round 2 posted

Also, and this hasn’t been nominated so I won’t put it in the spreadsheet, this seems like a serious omission (I am a Morricone stan):

Ecstasy of Gold:

I mean part of the ambiguity here is that there are definitely other instrumental tracks from the movie score here that aren’t the main credits theme of the movie, including those I’m guilty of nominating. So there’s just a lot of question on exactly what’s eligible. Ecstasy of Gold is excellent and I gladly support it if it’s eligible.

2 Likes

I remember seeing that before I nominated For a Few Dollars More and a Fistful of Dollars.

Row 20

What post has the spreadsheet link?

1 Like

GOAT Movie Theme Nominations - Google Sheets

1 Like

That’s the title theme! Ecstasy of Gold is just an incredibly popular instrumental track composed for the movie. As @LKJ was saying though, plenty of those types have been nominated.

ok thanks. I assumed that it was Ecstasy of Gold—didn’t realize there was a different theme.

It’s in the OP.

I’m starting to think that figuring that out was an IQ test that I failed.

1 Like

Honestly, I’m glad you asked. I kept taking the least efficient route possible by individually searching “spreadsheet” and then jumping into a random mid-thread Wookie post. This will be easier.

2 Likes

Bump. I’m ready to set the bracket by nixing the challenged songs and taking the remaining top 128 if that’s cool.

1 Like

Let’s go. Thanks Wookie.

Bracket is live:

https://challonge.com/pflrcns5

Voting can commence whenever.

2 Likes

Awesome.

@LFS you are up.

No play in for the deep cuts?

Weirdly enough, the two Evangelion movie ED’s got in but none of the other anime noms I made it passed muster (don’t think I nominated Akira).

Thread flatlined for a few days. I’m guessing that was the period where advocacy for deep cuts would have needed to happen if people wanted to. Bracket is built now.

1 Like

How does the site work? Do you have to have an account or something?

1 Like

If you mean for voting, polls will be posted ITT by LFS similar to the GOAT TV Themes thread.

1 Like

First round will open tonight!

3 Likes