First Impressions Containment Thread

Tweets not opening in the twitter app when you click on them, they open in a browser instead, can this be fixed?

Also is it intentional that we cannot perms-ignore people as far as I can tell?

It may have simply been a feature of Tapatalk, but when I clicked on an embedded tweet in the old forum it would launch the twitter app and show it there. At least it did before all the issues started with tweets not displaying properly/displaying as links only. Once those errors began, tweets were opening in Safari there too rather than the app. But once the Tapatalk/Twitter error was “fixed” they resumed opening in the Twitter app (as intended, I assume).

Also I’m using Firefox Focus exclusively for Unstuck viewing so it might possibly be that as it blocks a lot of ads, popups and trackers (as a feature)

(I beleive) that as tapatalk is an app it can access the app ecosystem and therefore communicate with other apps. As this forum is in a browser it is restricted to that environment- you don’t want browsers, and some dodgy code, to able to read your contacts list for example.

1 Like

Eh that makes sense

At the risk of being hung on my own petard, what do I have to do to make ignoring nunninninni stick? Every time I change him from normal to ignored and provide a time frame and go back to a thread and see his posts. Rinse and repeat. I went through this last night on my iMac and thought it stuck, but this morning on the iPad not so much.

There are some known bugs with ignored users which should be fixed with the next forum update. Maybe this is one of them? I’m expecting to do that update by the end of this week.

It didn’t, I added them there on my macbook pro and verified it was there on my iPad, we’ll see if it sticks this way.

Is there a way to edit out the person to whom you replied? For example, this is a reply to zikzak but say I just want this post to be a reply to the thread now, can I do it without deleting post and reposting?

Not that I can find. I think even as an admin I’d have to directly access the database to do that.

There is a reply button after the last post in a thread, if you aren’t replying a post you might try using that.

If you click the reply arrow next to the username, you get a little menu that lets you change it from a direct reply to a reply to the thread.

EDIT: Well damn, this only works if you decide to not reply to a person while originally making the post, you can’t change it later.

I’ve done it a couple of times now when I’ve began a reply to someone, changed my mind to make a general comment or reply to someone else, but didn’t exit the reply window so replied to the wrong person. NBD though.

This is like a 50th impression, but…

I must be an old, but I just realized that there are multiple themes on mobile as well as desktop! Praise Jebus, it’s a miracle!

Nice. To be honest though I love the ability to have different themes on each platform. I like “light” themes on desktop, “dark” themes on mobile. So this is perfect for me. Good work d00ds

1 Like

I just want to say I love this platform. You guys did great with this site.

2 Likes

Seconded. I wish all my forums used this software.

1 Like

Stumbled across how to quote a post in full.

Reply TO the post
Click quote icon (far left on top of editor)

It auto fills in the post you are replying to. It is not 1 click but is only 2.

1 Like

This place is great. Makes 22 seem like it’s from prehistoric times by comparison.

1 Like

I wish people used it, because it’s tough to read the forum, especially on mobile, without quotes

:sheep::goat::giraffe::giraffe::elephant:

1 Like