About Moderation

Was it ever put up for a vote? I remember jmakin proposing a vote and then getting yelled at by the captains.

1 Like

I undeleted the post to compare and see if it was “Captain adjacent” or another reason

Posted by a brand new user called Fuck_Potato

:thinking:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I believe there have been multiple gimmicks insta permed?

3 Likes

But in all seriousness, the accounts I’ve deleted or banned are logged so it’s not something that requires speculation.

ETA: Actually that’s not true, I did delete an account called Clarification without logging it because I didn’t want to quote their post.

2 Likes

Unless I’m missing something, this is the only remaining thread on the topic. It got shut down at the end after cassette proposed accepting the results of the vote. I thought there was a second thread on it but couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Serious question

Why don’t we just make one sub forum and remove all modding? It was already agreed to and seems like a reasonable test case. Worst case we can remove it. Anyone who doesn’t like it can silence it.

I don’t see a downside. Am I missing it?

lightsabre

1 Like

They literally already have it. They have it! It’s plain as day to anyone paying attention that this isn’t really about a heartfelt desire to have an unmoderated forum. It’s about the desire to hurl insults at their forum enemies without repercussions. That is the only thing they aren’t being allowed to do here, and it’s the only thing they can’t do at their cool kids club where they’ve excluded their enemies.

4 Likes

Hurling insults is the only thing that draws moderation. As such, the only thing added by removing moderation is insults.

I didn’t read the covid thread that much, but I don’t think Churchill was hurling insults at people, and was repeatedly banned for what were seen as not properly sourced anti-vax posts

1 Like

Let’s assume this is all true. What harm comes from us making one sub forum?

WOW THAT’S A TOTALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY DIFFERENT THING! Cassette acktshually wants more explicit insults instead of just more insults. How about you report my post and get me banned, because that’s basically a personal attack.

It could Foster an environment in which insults are hurled at one another that carries over into the rest of the form

4 Likes

Fair but isn’t that already happening. Seems like trying it makes sense. Worst case it gets shut down.

Would you like to hang out at a place where a bunch of people hurl insults at you to their hearts’ content, and you have no recourse?

Going there is voluntary though.

1 Like