Elon Musk: Proof that morons can become trillionaires

You’ve been on the internet during the online poker era. It was a meme before memes, way back when you could play badugi on PokerStars as a US citizen.

This was very funny 15 years ago:

3 Likes

14 Likes

Also this is absolutely amazing

3 Likes

Know what has always annoyed me about Twitter? Anytime someone makes a tweet thread, even if it’s just two or three tweets, there are a million “unroll, please” posts. Shit, just read the fucking tweets.

1 Like

His show sucked WITH writers, I can only imagine how bad it will be like this (since I will never watch it again).

Obviously I don’t have twatter but he posted the same thing on his IG page and, as expected, almost all of his “supporters” are right wing trash people who don’t even watch the show.

What’s with these former lefties going right? I used to watch Maher growing up and credit him for some if not much of the reason I’m as liberal as I am now. What happened to people like him and Jimmy Dore? Did they just figure out there’s more money to be made pandering to the right? And if so, why is that?

Yes. Its easier to grfit right wingers because theyre morons.

1 Like

I miss badugi.

1 Like

I struggle with Maher, because I used to like his show like 10-15 years ago. I can’t figure out to what extent he became a right-winger versus that his edgy positions from back then (religion, nationalism, climate change, recreational drugs) all became mainstream. Or maybe I became more liberal.

Superficial contrarians are right sometimes in the “broken clock is right twice per day” way.

Mahr’s always been a libertarian contrarian. It was refreshing when he was firing shots at the Iraq War, in the early 2000s, it’s not so great when he’s being a contrarian dick about trans kids and campus activists.

6 Likes

He’s let the mask slip a few times on various podcasts and whatnot. It comes down to his wallet ldo. He doesn’t go to hard left anymore because he still tours and wants to be able to “sell out” shows in Tulsa and Bismarck and Jefferson City and Tampa, etc…basically the comedy version of “Republicans buy shoes, too.” He also became a massive crying bitch about the fact that he couldn’t go back to his studio right away during the pandemic. Fuck that guy.

The overton window can’t keep shifting right without folks on the “left” moving that way too.

1 Like

Comedians whose bailiwick is offending people didn’t take kindly to being “cancelled”. Maher is basically just another flavor of Chappelle, and how I imagine Carlin would be like today: pissed off at the “team” telling him what he can’t say and the larger society that co-signs their grievances.

I am not 100% sure of many things, but one of them is that any post that suggests or even hints at Bill Maher being in the same league as George Carlin is a very, very, very bad post.

15 Likes

Sorry for making a bad post!

very very very sorry!!!

Although if you read a little more carefully you will see I made no statement on who is in who’s league lol.

No can do, I gouged my eyes out with a rusty spoon after reading your very bad post in the first place. I have no regrets.

1 Like

Maybe you’ll see a little better now!

Reed said the committee will look at the broader satellite market, government contracting and “the outsized role Mr. Musk and his company have taken here.”

The panel is not yet launching a formal investigation but rather gathering information, the aide said.