Elon Musk: Proof that morons can become billionaires

Now that Twitter links don’t load on sites like ours, instead of linking to Twitter I’m screenshotting. I wonder if Twitter considered this potentiality

3 Likes

I’ve gone on twitter for about 5 minutes total the last few weeks, almost all of that because I clicked a link from here. My favorite part was reading replies. Elon’s paid blue check system has completely ruined that.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/mattbinder/status/1669800835843235845?s=46&t=RKQIqRrKzVps835SSEmebA

the phone app is absolutely infested with ads now its absurd and unusable. desktop is less bad currently.

1 Like

thank you for complying with the request I made in like January I am happy to have been of service!

This is what I expect will bleed twitter eventually. The blue check replies are the worst of the worst.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too the past few days. Every third Tweet is now an ad and it’s become unbearable.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Well, did he give out Elon’s assassination coordinates?

2 Likes

lol this whole time I thought you were raptor.

Warning - Lawbro talk.

The suit by Musk against Greenspan is interesting (mostly that it seems a complete bs legal move by Musk that I’ve never seen before, but maybe there are some weird laws allowing it). Also another instance of Musk just staying stupid shit to potentially get in legal trouble.

Cliffs - Musk and Greenspan were emailing about a bunch of Telsa stock stuff (some included other people, like the Twitter board, some just the two of them). In one of the emails with just the two of them, Musk took a random shot at someone Greenspan mentioned. Musk responded that - “Hothi, almost killed Tesla employees. What was a sideswipe when Hothi hit one of our people could easily have been a death with 6 inches of difference.”

Greenspan then published his entire email exchange on his website, and Hothi sued Musk for defamation. Musk then sued Greenspan saying he only published the email to manufacture the claim by Hothi (after communicating with Hothi’s lawyers), and thus if Hothi wins against Musk, Greenspan should have to cover any damages.

Never seen that type of suit in a defamation case. For defamation, publication is required, but telling one person who tells others can be enough (typically if you say tell a reporter and they publish it). Given Greenspan had every right to share Musk’s emails, seems crazy that Musk could say by publishing a defamatory statement by Musk, Greenspan now has to indemnify Musk.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m crazy, but I don’t hate Musk’s logic here. If I write a private email to someone that has something defamatory and I don’t intend for it to be public, then I don’t think it’s my fault if the recipient goes and publicizes it. At the very least, I think the publicizer deserves most of the blame.

1 Like

I think I agree with that. Not sure how to apportion blame or liability though. It’s definitely kinda your fault. But not 100%.

Looking into this further it seems that Musk already settled with Hothi for 10K. So now Musk is going after Greenspan for 10k? Why? Spite?

Here is are some things that make it worse for Musk:

Not directly related, but I found this funny. Classic Musk:

I agree with that in the sense it should limit Musk’s damages to Hothi as he didn’t intend to publicly defame him - I don’t think Greenspan should be liable for Musk’s statements though as he had no obligation to keep them private. To the extent Greenspan worked with Hothi’s lawyers to manufacture a claim, I feel that should be a reason to dismiss Hothi’s claim.

Once you hit send it is public

Tough but fair way to deal with blue checks.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1670124544151920642?t=nV4WD0ZN912x_KmSPykdyg&s=19

I don’t browse twitter anymore really. The blue checks are awful. Any tweets I post here come from third parties usually, but if they are no longer going to display them, then what is the point.

Elon really wants to drive Twitter to zero and/or a right wing hellscape.

1 Like

I mostly follow poker stuff and some political stuff. With hyper vigilant blocking of crap blue checks it’s now mostly ok, but if I wade into general Twitter it’s still a hellhole.