Elon Musk: Proof that morons can become billionaires

On Wednesday, 17 music publishers for copyright infringement covering 1,700 songs. Up to $250 million in damages are being sought. The suit says that by allowing users to post music to Twitter without permission, the company’s violated copyright law.

Elon Musk’s own tweets are cited in the suit. “Current copyright law in general goes absurdly far beyond protecting the original creator,” and “overzealous DMCA is a plague on humanity,” Musk tweeted back-to-back on May 12.

1 Like

Lethemfight.gif

1 Like

8 Likes

Elon is second behind only trump in the chance their own words would be part of a lawsuit against them.

1 Like

Honestly regarding bezos I respect it. Dude was willing to give up billions to get rid of a wife who probably didn’t put out for a women who probably knows how to do things with a penis he didn’t even know was possible.

3 Likes

Screenshot from 2023-06-14 21-42-18

2 Likes

This thing that has nothing to do with ESG is why ESG is literally Satan but nazis are cool

Elno1

I’ve apparently hit the trifecta of Twitter algorithm variables for a constant onslaught of “for you” tweets about the A’s move/streak/reverse boycott/sale/no sale/NV legislature vote whatever blah blah.

I am a {baseball fan} in {California} that follows/works for a {state legislator}.

Ugh, make it stop. I feel for the fans but I honestly am tired of constant updates from 80 different sources about the latest vote in the NV Senate/attendance numbers/sell the team complaints about the fucking A’s.

2 Likes

Plus Bezos realized he was a dork and invested god knows how much in transforming himself into the closest approximation of Pitbull possible without losing his individuality, which in my book is a perfectly sensible thing to do if you’re the richest man in the world and come across as a huge dork.

I clicked on one tweet from the A’s in April and now I get A’s tweets every fucking day.

2 Likes

My solution was to delete Twitter, it works well.

5 Likes

this is a pretty misogynistic statement, no? just kinda checking my gauge.

5 Likes

I just interpreted it as a joke.

does that change the answer?

6 Likes

Every time I see a tweet with a black and white picture, there are 8,000 replies calling on a bot to colorize it.

This guy did a long podcast series on the history of Rome and also wrote a book called “The Storm Before The Storm” which was about the exact era of Sulla.

5 Likes

Thanks! I considered Dan Carlin’s series but didn’t want to pay $13.

The podcast covers more than a millenium of Roman history in 170+ episodes. I think three of them are partly about Sulla. If you want a deep dive into that specific era, Mike Duncan has also written a book about it:

3 Likes

Thanks. I found the first chapter of the audiobook version of The Storm Before the Storm on his podcast. I’ll listen on my walk to the grocery store later. A lot more Roman history buffs here than I would have guessed.

yes