Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

i guess that then creates the argument if the players are analogous to the upper management in a corporation. i wouldn’t judge it just based on the money made by the players. the players are analogous to the sales execs more than the upper management imo.
sports teams have actual upper management that still probably make more money than average player.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1743701089210298768?s=20

1 Like

Players are analogous to subcontracted suppliers.

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1743665163172020728?t=Ps9CFs3RM43X3-edrtm03g&s=19

he is an attention whore. why else would a billionaire want to be on tv and keep himself in the spot light.

1 Like

wasnt his thesis at harvard about discrimination against jews/asian at harvard - this shit isnt new for him

It doesn’t matter what the analog is. If you said all the sales execs are white but all of our janitors (or whatever) are POC, therefore we win at DEI, that wouldn’t fly either.

The real reason that’s a bad analogy is that we don’t really have any evidence of any kind to suggest that there is some sort of systemic problem that is leading to the exclusion of qualified short Asian women on NBA rosters. That’s not true when it comes the vast majority of areas where DEI initiatives are implemented.

Buncha squares

4 Likes

HARDCORE!

1 Like

Maybe he can Tony Hsieh himself.

What makes it terrible?

Height and systemic racism are two very different things.

There’s a thing called bonafide occupational qualification. For example, it’s not discrimination to not hire men to be bra salesman, since they often go into fitting rooms and help with bra fittings. Having the physical attributes to perform at basketball is a BFOQ for being a Mavs player, it is not a BFOQ to be a member of the Mavs front office, sales execs, or scouting department.

There’s no need for some sort of strict debate to rediscover this from first principles you can just Google this and there’s plenty of sources

4 Likes

Also, the number of NBA players is small, ~500. For one of the other examples that’s come up, company board members, more like 50,000 in large US public companies. And given the power the latter group has, it’s better to focus there. Don’t get stuck arguing over extreme edge cases.

2 Likes

You’ll never convince someone who wants to believe that the failure of their car dealership that they inherited from their dad and their two divorces are all the fault of DEI.

4 Likes

I don’t think this description goes far enough. The most vocal people I’ve heard complaining about DEI are all successful. They just think it’s an inconvenience and also destroying the country.

The woman can just decide she doesn’t want to be married anymore, and that’s actually legal in the United States of America in 2023.

If they’re successful, that’s because they have skills. Maybe you should listen to them and Elon

1 Like

We used to be a country

3 Likes