Editing Dahl and others

I would like it noted for the record that I strenuously disagree with this view and its implications.

John Wick is the new Bond, just accept that and move on.

I liked the circular firing squad when they execute Perkins.

1 Like

Cuepee is (was) a unique flower who used 25 words when 1 would do, and he mis-spelt or misused 24 of those. He’s definitely not around here, the closest poster to QP here is, well, I won’t say, since it’s not exactly a compliment, but it’s definitely not Jal, and the poster I am thinking of has far better grammar.

Also, the fact that Jal and Cuepee are from different countries should be a clue, although I know Americans tend to think that England is a town in Ontario and Germany is the capital of London.

and rarely posts here any more?

Lol he banned me for a month this time. Assume the next one is a perma.

Didn’t really do much, to be fair, other than calling him an incompetent buffoon.

Sensitivity Reader Community:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/06/16/cormac-mccarthy-novels-death-obituary/

How horny were they for Cormac to die so they could change the Judge’s “hugs” to hugs?

1 Like

Real talk though: if all they did was edit in quotation marks around when people talked…

this from the article is hilarious

Early on, I sensed that Cormac wasn’t accustomed to a persnickety style of line-editing, though his responses to it reflected good humor rather than aggravation. When I queried an exchange of dialogue that struck me as tin-eared? “It can’t be helped, it’s what they said.”

1 Like

ok settle down

1 Like

Hilarious that Unedited Raymond Carver not only picked the winner, but got the margin of victory correct.