Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

At a cost of 40 billion. That’s only 300$ per follow.

I’m not good at math and don’t know how to divide by zero. Can some one work that out and let me know what it cost Obama per follow?

Everything should be ala carte. Heart? $1, retweet $4, follow $2.50, block $6.99, reply $1.99

1 Like

Yeah but engagement on twitter has never been higher!

What the fuck lol. I use Twitter API and those limits are insane.

How do you make the tweet post limit 5x higher than the read limit, this ensures people are going to spam bullshit faster than I can read it.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1641328839144927232

I am begging you to stop posting.

12 Likes

The official “basic” API, for $100/month, is offering requests per app per 15 mins of 10 and 60 for the two endpoints I use, with a retrieval limit of 10,000 tweets a month. I just had a look on RapidAPI and there’s an unofficial one (which I assume just hammers Twitter with web requests using a rotating proxy) which for the same price offers me 10 million requests per month at 15 requests per second, with unlimited tweet retrieval. Boy, that’s a tough one, I’ll have to think about it.

They could have just offered reasonable limits for 500/month and I’d have paid, instead:

1 Like

The joke would be 10x better if the punchlines was just: “There is now.”

2 Likes

Right, that’s what got me about it and is a feature of his posting in general. Like it’s fundamentally not a very good joke or good post, but Elon always manages to add some little touch, like the “mfs!!” here, or some annoying emoji, that moves it from just dull posting to something actively grating. It’s like bad comic timing, but for posting; his posting is bad in a way that requires attention to detail.

7 Likes

A rip off of a classic Asimov story as well.

1 Like

Maybe we can assume Obama will pay $8 per month for the blue check mark so you’re not diving by zero. But I’m not gonna do the maths

If Obama paid for a check, would he gain or lose followers?

Which one? It doesn’t immediately spring to mind. But it has been a while.

I’m assuming he’s talking about The Last Question.

Probably, but this Fredric Brown guy got there before Asimov. The whole story is only one page. Not bad.

1 Like

Man, if he paid the bill when we went out to dinner, I’d totally give him a follow.

2 Likes

Yes

After William Shatner complained about Twitter’s plan to rescind legacy blue check-marks unless users pay for them, Musk responded, “It’s more about treating everyone equally,” Musk tweeted Sunday evening in replying to Shatner. “There shouldn’t be a different standard for celebrities imo.” Last fall, after Stephen King also griped about Twitter’s switch to paid verification, Musk said, “We need to pay the bills somehow!

But apparently not all organizations will have to pay Musk for the privilege. Twitter will waive the $1,000 monthly fee for its 500 largest advertising clients and for the 10,000 most-followed brands, companies and organizations that have been previously verified, the New York Times reported, citing an internal Twitter document.

Lol “there shouldn’t be a different standard for celebrities”

Yes, William Shatner is no more likely to be impersonated online than Joe Schmo who lives up the street, so let’s treat verification of them the same. Genius.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1641875618039238656?s=20

… told employees Twitter hasn’t yet approved the payments. After I started asking around about this yesterday Twitter said it is “actively working” to get the money to the NGOs.

1 Like