Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/11/03/elon-musk-twitter-layoffs/

Not sure why just a link, but Twitter is closed tomorrow and everybody’s getting an email letting them know if they still have a job, or not.

WaPo blocks the rich text embeds

Presumably the VITs could then pay a nominal fee to block these PMs, and then the simps can pay another fee to override the block, which the VIT can pay another fee to block, etc. Genius!

13 Likes

This is like watching a Tim and Eric episode in real life.

2 Likes

No, WARN is for employees and California has its own WARN as well. Pretty much everything he’s announcing is prima facie illegal under CA law and the plaintiffs’ bar has to be circling the chum.

2 Likes

Maybe the email firing people is giving them 60 days’ notice? Seems incredible they’d violate something so basic.

That’d be a grim 60 days lol. He’d probably be better off just paying everybody out.

You don’t have to give 60 days notice. You just have to pay a penalty of X days where X is 60-(days warning)

Yeah, they’re probably just sending the WARN notices tomorrow. But if he’s truly trying to prevent people from vesting by doing things effective immediately, well, good luck with that.

https://twitter.com/EconTalker/status/1588132618331095040

5 Likes

Right, that was my guess. It’s a de facto 60 days severance.

“A person who makes more money than you is better than you, and therefor beyond criticism”

3 Likes

I used to think like this before I was around enough deals with sophisticated investors having real money at risk. Never assume there is a good plan.

3 Likes

40 Likes

It was almost perfect but needed promo code FREEZEPEACH.

5 Likes

Nah. I think that’s a different thing.

Freezepeach is idiots complaining about not having it when they clearly do.

Here. Hes trumpeting free speech while clearly doing things to damage it.

6 Likes

Normal stuff here

The Thursday email said Twitter’s offices would be temporarily closed to ensure the safety of employees, the company’s systems, and customer data. Employees who were in an office or on their way to one were asked to go home, according to the email.

1 Like

I don’t expect any of those particular companies to go bankrupt. Layoffs, yes, bought out maybe, yes. But that is basically the kitten caboodle of where we are headed, imo. It has become increasingly more difficult (by design) for folks to create new businesses and to compete with the conglomerates. Covid led to the formation of a lot of these companies because it gave an opportunity for people to take risk. That risk isn’t coming back for many years at a minimum. A lot of this really began around early 2017 when the rules where different and a good portion of these leveraged tech companies that are in question didn’t even exist before then for that reason and could fail for the same reason.

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes