Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Lol Engineers gonna love being forced to work in clothes other than pyjamas. Could not have read the room worse for a specific professional field than forcing software engineers to come into an office.

He’s not personally liable for the debt. If the company can’t pay, it can declare bankruptcy, issue new debt (lol not happening) or raise new equity from MBS, tech bros and maybe/probably Putin (the most likely scenario).

1 Like

Where would her workers be better off?

They do what all rich people do who make bad business decisions - declare an oopsie and get more money.

Her workers? They belong to her? They’re property?

Can I call my mother “my mother” without claiming her as property?

6 Likes

I don’t know, can you?

Her workers is fine. Relax. It’s disingenuous to pretend something nefarious is meant.

8 Likes

A lot of folks have to work to make money. They obviously aren’t property?

What is a better choice for those workers who chose to work for AOC?

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1587953643054985217

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/CirrusNFT/status/1587178857718632448?t=K3v-h_EYn2uw89imdXXUxQ&s=19

3 Likes

no idea why it took me this long

9 Likes

Still a little bit unclear. At one time a substantial Elon margin loan secured by TSLA stock also was supposed to be part of this, but was rumored to go away at one point. I heard he might have gotten a fair amount of mom and pop type firms to pony up small amounts as part of this or roll their public stake.

1 Like

November is going to be a glorious month for tech recruiters.

1 Like

The question is how long the rest of the big firms will be hiring. Twitter has some idiosyncrasies to say the least, but there is a tech reckoning coming. Jumping now gonna be way way way better than getting laid off by Elon in six months imho.

If he didn’t get do a big margin loan, he probably is just at risk of losing meaningless funny dollars. If he did, he might blow himself up.

Uber drivers in Silicon Valley going to be driving 100k cars in a year,

I think the tech labor market is going to shift dramatically and very quickly, if it hasn’t already. These companies were/are insanely bloated

Other than the obvious (twitter) they are not, compared to the amount of profit they generate.