Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: Hawk Loomah

Spiking the football over a single case reaching closing arguments 4 and half years later seems like trolling.

2 Likes

It seems fair enough considering any minor delay in the other trials leads to 10 people posting “wArP sPeEd” at iron.

The other trials would’ve went fast too if it weren’t for the extreme corruption that no one could’ve seen coming. All the warp speed and commodus.gif people think they’re geniuses because they wound up being right for all the wrong reasons

/rainbow text

9 Likes

The exact scenario that has happened was predicted by multiple people on this forum.

4 Likes

When I put money down that Trump would be convicted before the election around January? I wasn’t under the impression that 3 or 4 of the cases would go to trial. I remember acknowledging that Cannon would slow walk her case, which seems to have happened.

I was surprised by the SCOTUS dragging, I would have assigned a 20% chance chance to granting cert. The rate they have considered that case is faster than average, but slower than liberal law bros that seemed trustworthy thought. I remember posting that the latest they would issue a ruling is June before cert was granted, which they seem to be sticking to.

So yeah, I don’t feel bad about my predictions.

Since I’m the topic, @econophile says he still likes his side of the conviction bet a few days ago, which means he thinks Trump will be acquitted or get a hung jury in the Documents case. He might be arguing that he wins with a post conviction reversal, but I would dispute that.

No I’m just saying that hung jury doesn’t seem unlikely

It’s an even money bet, you’re assigning a pretty high percentage.

No one cares about predictions, we care about stopping Trump, and the legal system ain’t doing that.

2 Likes

seems close

That’s a different case than the one underway in New York. The screen shot you posted doesn’t list an expiry date, but no one cares about a conviction after the election, nor does anyone think a sitting President Trump would be tried.

Really? Can you link the posts that stated the SC would take up a ridiculous immunity claim, that a corrupt Trump appointed judge would be randomly selected for the documents case, and that the Georgia AG would be involved in a relationship scandel? I must’ve missed those. All I ever saw was indiscriminate whining ala Gulliver Travel’s Glum

I am definitely still up for betting on the current Trump trial, my money is on non-conviction.

Did people predict Trump would maximize delay tactics and they would work? Yes. Many times.

5 Likes

People said the system was weak. You are claiming they’re lucky idiots for not naming the most nitty gritty specific weaknesses.

They absolutely predicted that SCOTUS and most courts are stupid and filled with stupid appointees/electeds, including appointed by Trump. They definitely predicted that attorneys are humans with human weaknesses.

7 Likes

Which one? If you’d prefer not to say, that’s understandable.

[deleted name cause I saw you read it and I don’t want it available on the Google machine]

They are ranked in the top 10 of IP law firms in Vault.

1 Like

teehee he said knob

And all you had to do to predict what Trump was going to do was look at what Trump has always done in court. He has an established history of delaying and dragging things out. He’d do this with contractors all the time - don’t pay the agreed upon price, go to court, drag shit out until the legal expenses overwhelm the contractor, then settle for some laughably shitty amount. God I wish the country would’ve listened at least A LITTLE to the NYC residents trying to warn everyone about Trump before 2016.

1 Like