Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

Yes, I mean the judge cannot override a not guilty jury verdict.

2 Likes

Thanks. I think that clears things up for me.

Lol

I mean part of the general issue will be how famous/infamous Cannon wants to be. She could recuse herself with no elaboration and be done with it or she can become the most scrutinized district court judge in the country. Be careful what you wish for.

Most judges like to be applauded at bar association meetings and law schools, have nice articles written, a lot of students apply to be clerks, etc.

If the cynics actually knew stuff maybe they’d be less cynical

Area Man Ambivalent to DeSantis Anti-Trans Rule

(some ally)

I really don’t think she gives any fucks about bolded. If she comes through, she is drawing extremely live to be Justice Cannon before long.

Or maybe not. I now know, yet I remain just as cynical. Imagine that!

Just sitting back and enjoying the people who derided the judicial system refusing to sit this one out. They just like jamming their dick in the door, I guess.

1 Like

Does the federalist society want the most controversial judge in the country nominated to the supreme court? Real conservatives want bad laws done quietly.

Maybe sit this one out.

Any 1L knows that all trial judges hate one thing: being reversed.

Not sure they care as long as she is young and will rule the right way on the issues that matter.

Orange man could also easily strong arm them and just say he will refuse to nominate anyone else.

1 Like

I think they also know that they would love to be a Supreme Court justice.

BTW, how did round one of Trump v US go for her? Did she really expect that shit to not get overturned, or did she just not GAF?

That’s not that much of a concern. Unless we’re Roe v Wade level, no one pays attention to Supreme Court rulings. Also, that mostly applied to the before times. Saying the quiet part out loud is the new hotness, so I’m not even sure how important this is to them anymore.

Let’s check in with one of our resident conservative intellectuals with a Yale law degree.
https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/status/1667646092991766528?t=HUmWw44kxw_j05pvTp12jw&s=19

Have you not been paying any attention at all?

She is a hardcore trumpkin moron totally unqualified for her job.

Lol talking about all articles.

She never recuses ever in a million years.

Bolton is so pre-2016. I’m surprised you didn’t go Romney in that spot.

This is the party of Trump, MTG, and the like.

Didn’t learn much from the debt ceiling compromise?

Biden is pres which posed a problem for them. Obviously it plays out very differently if Trump is president.

Abortion doesn’t explain what AZ voters swing voters did in voting for moderate Rs but not stop the steal Rs.

Also everyone itt is forgetting about the unprecedented youth vote and the way that is trending. 18-30 year olds are fired up in a way my generation and millenials were not. Good chance they stay liberal too because they’ve been politically awakened. Almost every right wing dumbass I know around my age was apolitical until they were like 40.

And the Boomers are finally dying off.

1 Like