Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

they moved it up so Biden could eat dinner by 4:30

2 Likes

I trust exit polls a hell of a lot more than phone polls months before an election

A. They actually voted
B. We can do maths to see if the ratios add up to the totals. If so then the exit poll numbers are prolly pretty good.

What’s a cite that exit polls are unreliable?

Trump aint doing subtitles.

Legit lol’d.

Potential Vice President?

1 Like
3 Likes

I feel like some bond agents are gonna get screwed bigly

Thanks Elon

6 Likes

That cost Trump at least ~$10M in cash to post that bond, right?

Saw someone say the Chubb group posted it. Perfect name.

Insurance company Chubb underwrote the bond for Trump

Sounds about right.

2 Likes

They do my home insurance. Hope they don’t go busto

2 Likes

That’s like a super legit company, they’re not doing that without ample collateral, probably cash.

They won’t go busto, but wait until you see your next premium increase.

Chubb is an insurance company I believe. They do a lot of corporate stuff. Key man policies, umbrella coverage etc.

I assume they received assets to cover their exposure, but maybe they are trump fans.

maybe they are trump fans.

According to MuellerSheWrote The CEO was appointed to something by Trump. Wiki says there was some past shady dealing the company was investigated for. Some underling took the rap.

1 Like

Are they public? Shareholders need to start suing.

It is hard to imagine he has assets that wouldn’t at least potentially be subject to other claims. I have to assume a certain amount of faith was involved in their posting the bond.

Yeah, this. Chubb is just about the nuts when it comes to insurance. Expensive AF, though.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/08/nyregion/trump-carroll-bond-defamation.html

“In exchange, Mr. Trump must pay the company a premium and pledge collateral, including as much cash as possible. The terms of Mr. Trump’s deal have not been publicly disclosed, but bonding companies often charge a fee of anywhere between 1 and 3 percent, and require enough collateral to cover the bond.”