Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

IMG_7389

1 Like

4 Likes

https://x.com/costareports/status/1707450136257843537?s=46

I think Youngkin beats Biden if Trump is 100% out of the picture, but I’m not sure how we get to that point.

I think Youngkin only needs to beat Trump for him to be 100% out of the picture. Not sure how we even get to that point.

DeSantis probably kicking himself for launching too soon. He could have been the Younkgin if he played it differently.

I don’t think Youngkin beats Biden with Trump on the sideline screaming about how the primary was rigged. Or running 3rd party.

Youngkin would get annihilated in the primary, and if they take it from Donald Duck, e day will be a delicious reckoning. Half of these chumps are there for clicks, I don’t think they’re getting any cabinet appointments, maybe Tim Scott could get a 2nd tier cabinet job but he’s a Senator already. If you seriously want to be President one day like Youngkin, you let this cycle play out as a 2020 rematch and make your move in 2028.

This is a pure grift, plain and simple. If they really wanted to boost an anti-Trump they’d give their money to Haley or Christie or whoever.

3rd party => no pardon

If the current Republican candidates would fold their tents and get behind one person, it would make for an interesting primary and debate season. They’re too selfish and stupid to do that in my opinion.

3 Likes

Bummer for Trump. (He was never going to win this motion and his lawyers knew if when they were billing him $30k for it.)

1 Like

https://twitter.com/veryimportant/status/1707451066244124758?t=LVpHVhWbXmjY5QhUMyBukg&s=19

13 Likes

Why would Trump winning 60-40 heads-up be interesting?

In the good old days, he would have been taken out of there on a stretcher.

2 Likes

“The people you know live in this moment,” Fox News founder Roger Ailes once told the journalist Michael Wolff, “the people who Fox is for live in 1965.” The Murdoch family enabled Ailes to create an alternate world for this curated audience of regressives at the network. But Wolff reports that Ailes had no use for the Murdochs, especially the sons, James and Lachlan, whom he derided as “gay”—a label he applied to all coastal elite men.

Ailes carefully chose his stars and style with 1965 and not-gay in mind. Dumb was OK. Plucking Sean Hannity from an $800-a-week radio job in Atlanta, Ailes boasts, was a brilliant move precisely because Hannity is, well, not that bright. “Smart is what people hate. God they hate it,” the old man tells Wolff.

And Hannity, whom Ailes and Murdoch and Wolff all openly regard as an idiot, rose to the very top of the power structure. (“He’s retarded, like most Americans,” Murdoch once remarked, according to Wolff.) Hannity became Trump’s straight man, interlocutor, and therapist: his Howard Stern, his video Boswell. “Trump, Hannity recognized, was quite the dumber ox. Hannity, in Trump’s presence, was the clear contrast gainer, the considered, methodical, thoughtful one,” Wolff writes.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I knew dat was comin!

1 Like

I hope this leads to a collapse so complete he can’t even do Russian money laundering any more.

2 Likes

“During his reign, Wolff reports, Ailes was very precise about his casting of females. They had to be “not just white, but not ethnic,” Wolff summarizes, and “each needed to have a more particular sexual-role function. The girl next door. The vixen. The disciplinarian.” Perhaps most importantly, they had to pass what Ailes called “the American blow-job test”—what Wolff calls “a homegrown Ailes theory, which he was pleased to frequently expand upon, about every man’s evaluation of whether or not a woman would give head and with what verve and style.”

what verve and style :skull:

Hmm

https://twitter.com/AWeissmann_/status/1707510673767293006?t=s_7t3q7_imZx46hJd8mxKQ&s=19