Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

18 Likes

Bartlet lied about his MS though!! Impeach him.

Written mid 2020

After learning about Bartlet’s diagnosis, White House legal counsel Oliver Babbish (Oliver Platt) goes head to head with C.J. over past press briefings about the president’s health. Their dialogue is sharp, but it’s C.J.’s realization that the impact of Bartlet’s lies goes far beyond a federal subpoena or bad polling numbers. She recognizes that his failing integrity in the public eye will inevitably seal the President’s chances of winning a second term.

Yet it’s Oliver’s eagerness to dissolve legal repercussions against Bartlet that echoes the ways in which President Donald Trump has handled his own contentious political history. Calling on legal action against a variety of public claims that threaten his integrity, President Trump is often quick to demonize the media and Democrats for his own misgivings.

1 Like

Bad news for the lol law crowd!

Kidz

Cagez

Some good eats :popcorn:

2 Likes

Any chance any of the other trials start before March 2024?

Some of Trump’s Georgia codefendants demanded and got earlier trial dates. Chesebro starts October 23. Evidence and testimony against Trump could come out on TV before the March trial starts.

4 Likes

:vince2:

Why is the Stormy Daniels payments trial going so slow? It seems like that one should only take a week.

he tried to move it to federal court and got denied also it’s 34 counts

another one in the pile of the court of war 2024

she got owned in the defamation counter suit that she claimed was filed without permission, got ordered to pay trump’s attorneys

lol and he’ll be required to keep quiet about it when other people throw him under the bus.

popcornwjs

3 Likes

Trial is set for March 24. Bragg is willing to yield to the federal cases if needed. If anyone wants a review of the whole case:

https://archive.ph/NOHLm
“I’m not an alcoholic,” Giuliani told ABC New York in 2021. “I probably function more effectively than 90 percent of the population.”

1 Like

Did he steal that quote from AA’s website’s page on common alcoholic denials?

5 Likes

He also said “I can stop anytime I want to” and “the only person I’m hurting is myself.”

6 Likes

Can’t see past the end of his own nose.

2017:

2023:

9 Likes

I somehow memorized Trump’s prisoner number without even trying.

5 Likes

Going back to election night, when Trump started ranting and raving about going to to the Supreme Court before the votes were even counted - has it come out what triggered that tangent? The networks or people in his campaign must have told him or his campaign that they expected him to lose.

Early AZ call by Fox?

2 Likes