Defend Billionaires Like Bill Gates and Offend Centrist Whiners Who Love Money

If I ever get like $20M or maybe even $10M, I’m not going to keep hording. If it’s a $20M company, I’ll go “hey, I’m full up with money, you guys get the rest and I’ll just be on the board of directors, unpaid”. I would do that because I’m not a narcissistic, greedy, sociopathic, jackass. Like you think I’m going to walk around the office where I made $100000000000 off the company and play ping pong with people who are making a millionth of that a year?

2 Likes

Hate the player(Gates) Hate the game (societal structure). Gates played the game to perfection.

Also, his wealth accumulation is due to Microsoft going up way, way more than FANG in the same time frame (Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google). That’s not going to always happen, in fact it was very unlikely to happen. The odds of Bill Gates having this happen again over the next 5 years are extremely low. His wealth will go down due to his charitable donations, the reason it went up lately was a one off.

After Bill Gates got his first $X million, whatever he considered being set for life, he should have cut in Tim Paterson, the guy who wrote QDOS and Gary Kildall, the guy who wrote CP/M which QDOS was a copy of.

2 Likes

So should we hate him for claiming that people were going to come for 99% of his wealth when what people are suggesting is 2-10%? He literally said that taking 20% would be fine.

WTF “game” are you talking about?

I think it’s fair to say that Gates is a player of the game in that he succeeded through it, but hating the game and not the player sells it short. It takes a particular kind of person to succeed in this game, and I think hating that type of person is appropriate.

So yea we can hate both the player and the game.

3 Likes

Actually yeah if it were real life you should feel shitty or else there would be a cellular defect.

annually?

Yeah the reality is these guys have so many ways to provide benefits and compensation to the people doing the work.

I have had only one business that was successful without a huge input from employees beyond myself. I was the only person there. My other businesses relied massively on my employees.

The reality is the idea of properly compensating employees does not exist. It is all capitalistic hoohah about what the market dictates.

A successful company should share the bulk of the rewards with the employees. Not pay the minimum you can get away with at every turn.

2 Likes

I’ve been on the side where I made $25k one year and everyone else, about 7 people, made from like $35k-$65k. I went broke while trying to keep people busy when times were slow and trying to keep things together when times were fast. I can understand the person who takes the risk getting a nice reward, but after you have enough that you and your family are guaranteed security and comfort for the rest of your lives it’s basically stealing.

2 Likes

M.O.P. was so prescient:

Them thugs you know, ain’t friendly
Them jewels you rock, make 'em envy
You thinking it’s all good, you creep through a small hood
Goons coming up outta the cut for your goods and they all should

Absolutely all of these billionaires should be shaken down for their jewels and rings and whatnot. Just fucking take their shit. What are they gonna do? Look at this Bill Gates dude, that is a soft target right there. What is stopping us?

_109567374_hi057830249

Mister Gotcha ITT.

3 Likes

Because we could have all that if things changed in the right way.

Suppose there weren’t any billionaires and never had been. Then suppose someone suggested re-arranging matters so that a handful of people would become billionaires, while many, many others starved, died of preventable diseases or just ploughed on in precarious misery. You would think that person was insane or evil, wouldn’t you?

5 Likes

Tell that to a diabetic rationing their insulin.

3 Likes

No one is saying that. We are saying tax the shit out of people like Gates. What can Gates have with $106 Billion that he can’t have with $6 Billion if $100 Billion is taken in taxes? He does not need $106 Billion. No one does. It’s asinine to have that amount of wealth.

Billionaire philanthropy is a scam to put billionaires in a better light for making the rest of society suffer from their greed. There’s this billionaire dude on Twitter named Bill Pulte that gives away money. But he gives out like $100-$1,000 at a time. That is not doing anything to improve society. All it does is make him feel better about himself. You have people begging him for money saying they will be evicted and he sends them $500. Yay? Like, WTF is that gonna do? He if he really cares, he should be using his money in a way so that laws are changed to the point where you can’t get evicted b/c you are a week late on rent.

Tax the shit out of these assholes so society is better for it. That doesn’t mean give me Bill Gates’s money.

6 Likes

The point is that it’s not about “us” demanding more for ourselves; it’s about wanting to be part of a more just society:

fucking Christ can we get a downvote button

3 Likes

Please remove my name from this thread title.

4 Likes

We are hating the game wtf forums have you read?

Wait, there was that thread in 22 titled “Bezos and other billionaires totally rule but Gates is a big fat jerk” WAIT NO THERE WASN’T WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?!?

I’m guessing when you were taking your sweet ass business simulation class the other boys and girls were boning up on their reading comprehension. Because they’re fucking losers.

And there’s the rub, right? All you dudes who idealize and idolize a meritocracy would want nothing less than an actual meritocracy. That’s one of the big selling points of capitalism! And, like, in case it’s not clear I’m hating the game and not you, bigt2k4, the player. You’re just another functional illiterate who loves capitalism for precisely that reason. You dudes are a dime a dozen.

1 Like

I would argue with you, but I’d be wasting my time as I believe your brain is mush and you’re beyond all hope. I’ve argued with you in the past and it seems clear to me you believe you’re always right and it’s everyone else who’s an idiot