Defend Billionaires Like Bill Gates and Offend Centrist Whiners Who Love Money

Here’s a handy placeholder for a worthy discussion that should not be where it currently is. Feel free to copy pasta all that stuff here.

1 Like

I stand by my previous post, and would additionally like to point out that the Gates foundation also invests their considerable endowment in companies which may operate against the best interests of the populations being “helped” and may even present conflicts of interest (that the foundation doesn’t have to answer for because they aren’t accountable to anyone).

1 Like

I love Johnny’s anger, outrage and passion. Yay Johnny!

2 Likes

First off, I’ll just reiterate Sanders on this with a slight difference. Maybe I’m okay with a 1 billionaire. Maybe… But no way should multi billionaires exist and certainly not 100+ billionaires. Period. Full stop

I’ll also restate what I said in the other thread. I think very few people can conceptualize how big the number 1,000,000,000 is, let alone 100,000,000,000

I’m not sure I’d call Bill Gates evil, but he’s definitely a sociopath. Anyone who amasses that kind of wealth has to have an almost disturbing sense of ruthlessness about them that isn’t mentally normal. And while sure, I can admire his business savvy at building the Microsoft empire, just GTFO if you don’t think he didn’t use every trick in the book to sneakily stomp out smaller competitors and squash them like bugs under his foot on his way to the top (see United States v. MicroSoft Corp.)

Cliffs: Bill Gates is no one to be idolized when it comes to philanthropy. NO ONE needs or should have a hundred billion fucking dollars

Had I seen this first, I wouldn’t have wasted my time. Better informed and well put. Many people are unaware of Microsoft’s exploits to try and monopolize an entire industry

Bill Gates has control of global policy to a certain extent with extremely little oversight and no democratic backing, the only reason he is allowed to do this is because of his immense wealth. No person should have this much power and wealth in any well functioning society

3 Likes

Bolded is super lol. If you really think that, you truly have no idea how bad Trump truly is. Which is fairly astonishing for someone who spends time around here.

I’d love for you to try and show your work on this one. Really looking forward to you pointing out the racism that Gates has obviously hidden so well.

It’s almost like… the government is doing him a service by protecting his property and allowing his company to build technological advancements based on government research. Maybe he shouldn’t cry like a baby because he has to pay for these services.

1 Like

I’m not going to begrudge your contempt for Gates. But if you think they deserve the similar levels of contempt, the problem is likely that you don’t have enough contempt for Trump.

Trump loves money and would be just as willing as Gates to crush anyone to get it. The difference is that Trump sucks at business. In addition, Trump has plenty of additional reprehensible qualities independent from this.

Gonna @BestOf this one if we’re still doing that.

2 Likes

hey guys can you please talk more about Bill fucking Gates, this thread really needs more Bill Gates discussion and it’s not like there’s a separate rich people thread or even an additional Bill Gates thread or anything

6 Likes

CTL ALT DEL Bill Gates from this thread and move it to the clovis defends billionairez thread plz.

1 Like

nunnehi complaining about a derail, now I’ve seen everything.

12 Likes

I guarantee you I haven’t had a 200 post derail that means nada.

nominated for BestOf

2 Likes

Mostly cuz it’s hittin’ a little too close to home for billionaires like me who really mostly come to this thread to just chill out and watch MAGA kids FIGHT!

11 Likes

Because we are in a high news cycle with our shithead president, and important stuff is getting buried by this derail, or it’s at least making it look like there is more news than there is.

1 Like

Clovis was right and everyone else arguing with him was horrifically wrong. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

I had a business simulation in a program in university, every class was divided into groups of 3 or 4 and competed against each other on a business computer simulation ( You had to decide how much you would charge, how much you would spend on R and D, how many permanent workers vs contract you would hire based on forecasted demand (which would change based on what other teams did), how much you would pay your workers, how much advertising based on continent, how much your product would sell for and what features it would have (quality vs price). It ran for 10 weeks with results given once a week based on your input with each team starting from the same point originally ( week 1) and using the advantages you created after each week to determine the company’s position of the teams for the next week ( market share, product quality based on R & D, advertising influencing future market share, employee productivity based on retention and pay etc) .

Other classes generally finished with marks in this between 75 for last and 90 for first. Our team got 120 and the next closest was 81 in our class followed by 70 with 3 teams scoring lower than the worst team in any other class (I think the lowest was around 52 or maybe even failed - I don’t remember). There were 6 scoring groups approximately based on total return to shareholders, total EPS, charitable donations, most dividends, total market cap, and something else I forget. The instructors at one point met because in the history of the program no other teams had such poor scores, some teams were losing money and based on the programming that was not intended to ever happen.

Did I feel bad for screwing over everyone else’s grade in this class as our company was so successful? No, should I have? You guys make it seem like I should

1 Like

Don’t hate the player, hate the game??? Lol, how old are you, 12?

Also, completely missing the point that these sociopaths have been rigging the game for our entire lifetimes and are flipping their shit that there is a movement to unrig it.

2 Likes