Cricket Thread

Australia vs West Indies in the final imo.

With their NRR getting destroyed here USA is going to need South Africa to win all three matches to have a chance.

Getting close to thinking USA has a chance here.

1 Like

Need 28 off 12 letā€™s fucking go

They gave it a good effort.

Bet Afghanistan if you are a live bet kind of person here. Australia are in trouble.

I hope your losses arenā€™t significant.

2 Likes

USA wonā€™t be making the semis, and thereā€™s basically no way we beat England.

But we can still potentially be the reason England is eliminated based on NRR.

Bangladesh chasing down 115 in 12 overs and eliminating both Australia and Afghanistan and making the semifinals would be an all-time plot twist.

Rain going to screw Aus and Bangladesh. Shame is a cracking finish set up.

Restarting soon

Hahaha thats an alltimer

I was kind of rooting for a finish where Bangladesh wins by DWL but fails to qualify despite being ā€œaliveā€ when the covers came on the final time.

Bangladesh are the want-it-less kings of cricket.

2 Likes

Most hilarious outcome would be rain stopping the match 4 overs into SAā€™s chase with them only needing 15 more runs and Afghanistan gets a do over.

This bappened to South Africa in 2022 vs Zimbabwe.

South Africa has had unreal bad luck/bad fortune in World Cups since reintegration back in the early 90s which is hilarious as an Aussie as they belt us in Union every time.

You go to the foreigner bar and sit through all the transphobia and other assorted right wing whines only to have the final switched over to this soccer bullshit.

Iā€™ve spent almost all of my life wanting and/or pretending to like soccer. Iā€™m done. There is zero time on my sports calendar for this crap. Fuck all yā€™all.

25% into the match whatā€™s happened? You guessed right: nothing.

Not that it invalidates your rant at all, but this is the Cricket thread sir.

For those unaware Afghanistan has been allowed to be in violation of ICC rules and not have a womenā€™s team (and the Afghan cricket board receives the same funding they would if they did). This has been the case since even before the Taliban regained power nationally.