COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

I had time, and guess what

See you in 2 weeks.

4 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: About Moderation

lol, no. Amazing how people can just post shit like this without being like “maybe I should skim a Wikipedia article first”.

1 Like

Yeah, but I think the parallels aren’t great. The flu mutates way faster than COVID.

Thanks for posting, though I wish they had shown the data. Exactly what we discussed itt early in 2020. This is the type of experiment they should turn the filter on and off a few cycles and then take repeated air samples to show that x time after the filters run Y % of the airborne virus is removed.

If you get a data link please post that as well.

I’ve been trying to do selective ignore on the “debate” topics. Lots of rapid scrolling past those posts.

1 Like

Is there data from the filtration work?

At this point I would assume that a simple particle count size analyzer would suffice. Get down the counts of the small droplets and probably eliminate large amounts of microrganisms.

I’m getting on a plane to Germany. It can wait.

1 Like

My understanding is that nobody knows what Spanish flu was. They dont have samples. Just records of symptoms.

I don’t have time to reread this before my flight, but here is the link

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/1918flupandemic.htm

2 Likes

This is good.

Theres a more detailed article linked in yours.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/reconstruction-1918-virus.html#discovering

I must have read something based on very old info.

1 Like

I think it’s been thought for quite a while that delaying the second dose increases the immune response and makes it longer lasting. That doesn’t mean you should delay the second dose though if you can avoid it. The utility of getting that second does sooner and getting more protection faster during a COVId spike probably outweighs waiting, especially if boosters are going to be available.

Are there any areas anywhewre that aren’t extremely high community spread right now? Maybe the Far East and Australia/NZ but that’s about it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: About Moderation

This goes for any complaints about moderation in this thread. Violators will eat a ban.

1 Like

I would like to compliment the moderation in this thread.

19 Likes

Do we have any idea/guesses on the succuss rate of our vaccines right now on omgcron?

Somewhere between 20 percent and 95 percent based upon the range of articles posted in this thread.

4 Likes

Almost certainly worse against Omicron than Delta. How much worse is anyone’s guess at this point.

2 Likes

Counterpoint: if you have problems with passing out from shots, tensing actually helps.