COVID-19: Chapter 9 - OMGicron

And the study had the RR around 3 for the vaccine, correct?

Feeling a bit like crap today. Normal?

3 Likes

Very normal after shot two. That means it’s working. Congrats!!

2 Likes

Yay me?

2 Likes

Something like that.

Yuppppppp, enjoy the shit feeling knowing youll be significantly protected going forward.

2 Likes

My ex got an interesting anonymous newsletter in her mailbox. It starts out with COVID skepticism:

However after that, things rapidly begin to get weird.

4 Likes

Makes you think

1 Like

Do your own research!

1 Like

Surprisingly, the “unmasking the surgeons” article and quotes appear to be genuine. I guess we should suspend all mask usage until we can figure out what the hell is going on.

A friend of mine replied that we need a Santorum-like campaign to coin a new word meaning “research”, but in the sense of just googling stuff and reading Facebook posts.

#FacebookUniversity

I didn’t count how many Covid positive patients came through my ED last night, but I took care of 3 directly. All young-ish, one got monoclonal antibodies, all went home.

Ironically, last night and the night before have been the least-busy nights in at least the last month or two. Probably because of the holiday. As recently as last Tuesday, it was hell on wheels.

I imagine the Tuesday night after the holiday will be rough. Thankfully I’ll be off for that one.

7 Likes

Got the third shot at 4:15pm yesterday. Was mostly fine through the rest of the day, little tired (likely unrelated) and arm was slightly sore. Woke up at 4:30am uncontrollably shivering and with a splitting headache. Finally made my way out of bed at 8 to take a baseline temp for the day and it was 99.9, so not too bad. Felt a few degrees higher overnight. Still have a bad headache and sore all over my body, very similar to my experience post shot two but not quite as bad currently.

17 Likes

Lets lighten things up in here. This is an actual serious post by actual people that I assume are able to tie their shoes and manage to get dressed in the morning:

Dangerous to humans or your business

Small business owners suck.

– Small business owner

2 Likes

Maybe I’m the one being excessively cautious, but I see headlines like this and just go “WTF are people thinking??”

Edit: I know, I know, they’re thinking, “I’m young, I’m invincible, and if anything goes wrong I know where the feed store is.”

Movie theatres here still are only selling to like half capacity and it’s a great experience.
Have to be fully vaxxed too.

1 Like

Wrong link? I mean, I know superhero flicks aren’t for everyone, but this seems like the wrong thread to talk about, or the wrong link got pasted.

I’m not going to crap all over vaxxed people who want to go the movies.

1 Like