COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

a very generous gesture

ahh. must return some out of date ones.

havent seen this posted yet, I haven’t gotten around to reading it but plan to in the next day or two

If the problem was simply swapping out suppliers seems like India could change their regulatory process very easily.

The vaccine in question is Novavax, which hasn’t been approved by anyone yet afaik. It’s also not in significant production yet either. You can’t just say they make these other vaccines so they won’t have to ramp up production of this completely different vaccine. So again, why are you being a snarky jerk?

1 Like

Going to be hard for me to buy that anyone held up vaccines when the creation and production of the vaccine is faster than anything in the history of man.

I totally get it if you want to take shots at big Pharma, but I would avoid this topic specifically with them, as this has been one of, if not the, most significant technological achievements of all time.

I don’t know if the article I posted is regarding production, I do know it’s about IP.

Also wasn’t posting it in regards to the convo now just an aside

Nope. A single dose of AZ is better than a single dose of Pfizer…only the 80’s tested so far but maybe no to low T-cell reponse after first dose of Pfizer whereas AZ first dose generates T-Cell reposnse.

I’m aware. Making the argument IP held up the covid vaccine, by far the fastest creation and production of an effective vaccine of all time, is going to be an uphill battle

India manufactures a lot of vaccines, their supply issues are far wider than just with Novavax. In any case you clearly take into account regulatory approval prior to getting it finalised, whatever the requirements are. Similarly India don’t get to choose the rules for approval freely when their products are used internationally.

And another hearty lol at taking notes on tone from yourself.

2 Likes

There is not enough evidence to say one dose of Pfizer, moderna, etc is better than AZ or vice versa. The reason why is that there are zero gold standard studies about Pfizer and moderna. No one actually gives a shit about the lab tests Churchill talks about. They care if they get covid, and it’s simply not studied appropriately.

And at this point I have no idea what you’re trying to say anymore.

Good one.

It’s not meant as an insult. I do not know what the point of that post is or how it relates to the conversation. I have no idea where your hostility is coming from.

Me too! You mentioned Az and I don’t think the linked article mentions it. I’m not correcting (peace), just AZ is known to be OK from first dose but doesn’t improve a great deal after. Prevetns death from an early stage after 1st dose, what more could we ask for.

I have studied these many times ggoreo and do not seek confrontation… my views are my own

76% is the lab efficacy after 2nd dose - i’m referring to the first dose, as that was what JT referred to

CDC’s real worlds study was performed before the vairants were an issue (like above). Actual experts only predict as 5-10% drop so no need for anyone to have anxiety.

It was hard to imagine this as what I said was intended to be fairly direct replies to points. I am more than content to leave it here, but to make that perhaps clearer…

If the problem was simply swapping out suppliers seems like India could change their regulatory process very easily.

India don’t get to choose the rules for approval freely when their products are used internationally.

The vaccine in question is Novavax,

India manufactures a lot of vaccines, their supply issues are far wider than just with Novavax.

which hasn’t been approved by anyone yet afaik. It’s also not in significant production yet either.

You clearly take into account regulatory approval prior to getting it finalised, whatever the requirements are.

1 Like
U.S. Only - # of people you know personally who want but haven’t gotten their first shot yet

0 voters

Let’s try this poll. I feel like we might be at a tipping point in the US where most of the people who want to be vaccinated have at least gotten their first jab.

Sorry RoW, but customers who pay full retail come first. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The U.S. is the middle-aged plastic-faced ex-trophy wife swanning into a Rodeo Drive salon at 2:30 on a Tuesday afternoon with a chihuahua on her arm. The rest of you drive 40 miles to outlet malls on the outskirts of Des Moines to get your drugs.

RainierWolfcastleThatsTheJoke.jpg

1 Like

Almost as funny as the out of date PPE Russia sold (sorry, donated) to Trump

Alright buddy take it up with the author of the article if you know so much, I’m just posting it because some might find it interesting to read

1 Like

That number goes up much higher if we include people under 18.

2 Likes