COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

COVID enjoying college

https://twitter.com/thelilavocado/status/1304871774715338752

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/victorlavalle/status/1305226797085323265

It really is incredible how much complete and utter nonsense right-wingers accept w/o question.

2 Likes
Place Cases 7/28-8/3 Cases 9/1-9/7
Leon County, FL 580 1504

Also, the U.S. is now under 2,000 new cases away from its peak active cases in the pandemic, so far.

Saturday record-breaking day of 1,539 new cases came on 12,886 tests. That’s a positive rate of 11.94%. That is the third highest single day percentage since the beginning of the pandemic. The rate over the last 7 days is 8.21% which is by far the highest it has been at any point during the pandemic.

Sunday is unlikely to break 1,000 new cases since they run way fewer tests on Sundays. Actually, I’m surprised that they ran nearly 13,000 tests on a Saturday.

There are 288 people hospitalized with covid-19 with 69 on life support machinery. This is the highest it has been for both stats since the end of April.

UP: Why didn’t Woodward release the tapes right away? It could have saved so many lives!

Reality: Trump going HAM killing his supporters after the tapes came out.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1305245710380482560

Can’t assail that logic!

1 Like

tenor

26 Likes

Killing yourself to own the libs for protesting.

2 Likes

Cases are low enough in Nevada that we’ll definitely be able to see the effects of this in case numbers in a few weeks.

I think I heard today that, at least the tv outlets, will not be sending reporters to this event due to the lack of safety. There will be a pool camera.

Even OAN and FoxNews?

Not sure about them. I guess CNN and others though.

why the fuck is this even an article? Study: water is wet and is good for your body

Because most Americans probably believe some combination of:

1. Kids are immune.
  2. Kids can’t get serious effects.
  3. Kids can’t spread it.
2 Likes

Then we don’t deserve to survive as a species, just bring on the end of mankind let’s get it over with. Return earth to the creatures that aren’t bringers of death and destruction

1 Like

One study found kids under 10 were half as contagious. Which may still be true. But half is not zero.

I’m becoming numb

I don’t care to look at the numbers anymore or track any hot spots

I can’t even get that mad about an indoor covid rally

At this point 70% of the country has decided they don’t care anymore…some will do hygiene theater but they are out there dodging bullets every single day just to “feel normal”

I’m doing what I can for me and my family, but I can’t keep worrying about everyone who doesn’t care or thinks it’s a hoax

12 Likes

Yup, I think they broke me. I can’t get upset anymore, I’m fresh out of outrage.

4 Likes

The sad thing is that most of the “Covid is fake” crowd will emerge from the pandemic unscathed, and will forever be convinced they were right.

It makes me wish this thing were 10x more contagious and 10x more deadly. There would be no choice but to take it seriously, invest in aggressive testing and contact tracing, and actually force people into quarantine.

The result would be far less sickness and death in the long run, right? I guess with Trump in charge there’s no guarantees.

Yeah the ignorant “I told you sos” are going to be brutal to deal with.