COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

That’s like the time I ask for coffee and got a couple of Chinos

You’d think that about cruise ships:

Yes, filing taxes in 2018 or 2019 is a requirement unless you are on SS

Curbside when you can pay on an app is pretty sweet. Zero contact- popped the trunk.

First outside food in 2 months.

I reheated in oven at 300 F for 5 minutes - no idea what is enough in this regard.

I’d assume that the kids that crush the entrance exams by and large have great grades. So how much is it going to change. There will be kids from worse schools with great grades that are suddenly competitive, so they are going to need some tiebreakers. What are they going to use?

Well if you’re so inclined, you may be surprised. Even Florida Man seems to think that it was a bad shooting.

Thing is that entrance exams often require prep classes to succeed on. The rich students from fancy schools with better teachers are gonna be better prepared for entrance exams. Kids from inner-city public schools with broken windows won’t have the same preparation even if they have the same grades.

Not sure what tiebreakers will be. It’ll probably take the inevitable lawsuit to find out that information.

As for the murder, I’ll be on Zoom on Mother’s Day with her and my sisters. It will not come up for the sake of our sanity. I thought she’d be disgusted with child separation but didn’t care. I doubt a murder is gonna cause her to get angry.

Even today they sit dormant

Like even if he thought it wasn’t gonna happen in January, then they shoulda taken him up in February…or March…or April…or May…

Yeah, but the rich kids with the better teachers are just going to be better prepared for high school in general. At least that’s the default assumption.

I like the testing because it at least gives the kid from the shitty school an objective way to prove himself. If he crushes the test, then he can’t just be dismissed as someone who got good grades at an easy school.

Granted, the testing does also introduce the exact problems you describe. I don’t know what the right answer is.

Japan just crossed the 600 deaths threshold.

That’s 600 deaths total.

1 Like

Obviously Nacho Daddy exists because sometimes the wait to get into Pink Taco is too long.

We probably do need a Covid vs Ms-13 murder death chart.

I just noticed a bunch of cars on my street that are not normally there.

My next door (literally right next door) neighbor is having a big party. May be a kids birthday but lots of kids and adults.

Yeah but wouldn’t their bookings been at zero previously?

1 Like

Sucks that they have to “crush” the standardized chance to prove they belong

We have 19 states with more than that

Well I’m using “crush” rather imprecisely. But my understanding is that the spots in the really selective NYC public high schools are so limited relative to the applicant pool that everyone who gets in “crushes” the exam.

Snitch if you’re still locked down. Seriously.

3 Likes

My poker pro friends are operating under the assumption no live poker until 2022 and this will kill off many rooms. I live in one of the few places in Canada starting to reopen. Haven’t had more than 1 new case per day for over a week. I think our poker room is not going to reopen.

@mods close this thread