Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: It's not a Loomah!

“[City of God] was the best criticism of our modern age I’d ever read,” Mr. Vance later explained in a Catholic literary journal. “A society oriented entirely towards consumption and pleasure, spurning duty and virtue.”

What a stupid thing to say. If it’s been the same way for 1700 years, then maybe “our modern age” isn’t the problem.

3 Likes

Maybe he thought this was an adaptation of Augustine and only watched the movie

1 Like

“And he told the room he saw the hand of God in the failed assassination attempt of Mr. Trump. “You will never be able to convince me that that last second turn of a head was anything other than a miracle,” he said. “I absolutely believe that.””

The theology implicit in this statement is borderline sacrilegious if taken at all seriously.

Vance’s ultimate problem is that he’s 1) not very smart, 2) insecure, 3) a follower.

2 Likes

this might be the greatest thing ever :transmet_smiley:

2 Likes

this was a solid idea whoever thought of it, and solid execution lol.

https://x.com/kamala_wins47/status/1827557519356502356?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

10 Likes

guy who’s only ever heard of catholicism and its protestant offshoots: wow catholicism is such an ancient religion

4 Likes

I gotta say though there’s one thing catholicism is hard to beat: Spook factor.

1 Like

Hey what the difference between a cult and a religion?

About 2,000 years.

2 Likes

you want rituals? we GOT rituals!
you want relics? we GOT relics!
you want minor deities while still proclaiming yourself to be monotheistic? we got a saint for every day of the year, and they all have a specific thing they’re in charge of. you direct your prayer to them and they’ll take care of it for you

8 Likes

JD does for Yale what trump does for Penn.

1 Like

Trump used a foo fighters song to bring out rfk in Arizona. Foo fighters pissed taking action plan to
Donate proceeds to Kamala.

The proceeds, if there are any, will be awarded by the court in like 2027 and then never paid by Trump

3 Likes

Sorry, but the Catholic cinematic universe rules school.

https://x.com/Scottcrates/status/1827866671891026226

3 Likes

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1827892950480650655

IMG_1868

Fits well as Trump is Bif.

1 Like

Trump: I’ll pay you $1

It’s $24

Trump: I’ll pay you $3

It’s $24

Trump: I’ll pay you $12

It’s $24

Trump: Fine: I’ll pay you $24

Sure.

Trump: I’ll pay you $3 (we are here)

Sir. This is a Wendy’s.

5 Likes

The resemblance is uncanny

5 Likes

I dance a little jig every time Trump breaks out “Liddle.”

1 Like

I have always wondered about this. It seems like pretty much everyone who puts out good music hates Orange man. He uses their music anyway, they sue. Obviously, he’s just going to say 'Fuck you, no" and not pay any judgement (or maybe he’ll just have his campaign pay it). In any case, why does he ever desist. He can just use whatever music he wants essentially free of consequences. But that is not what actually happens. He does desist when challenged. Why?