Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: Hawk Loomah

I’m stunned that he was found guilty of anything. Figured it’d be a hung jury.

Pod Save America guest yesterday had a good theory that Merchan might very well drag his feet on a sentence such that basically he doesn’t impose one prior to election.

FFS can we please refer to him as convicted felon Donald Trump until the heat death of the universe in every venue ever.

9 Likes

Biggest lollaw ever if true

1 Like

I actively attempted to get a bet down on this yesterday but wasn’t willing to work very hard so failed.

1 Like

https://x.com/mjs_DC/status/1796288969946329132

And soon to be President!

(wait they were felonies?)

8 Likes

Yeah, basically the theory was he’ll wait the 2 months or whatever it takes to get a review from the department that provides sentencing recommendations or something like that, and by that time appeals will have been filed, and he may opt to not impose a sentence while appeals are in motion.

1 Like

6 Likes

Yep, Class E so up to 4 years in jail per count but he won’t get anywhere near that.

Sentencing set for July 11.

4 Likes

“Stayed pending appeal” but will still be fun!

Also does the gag order stay in place? Cause he’s gonna go nuts when he gets to his phone

2 Likes

Trump hiding behind Eric right now

1 Like

How long before we get a ‘Trump convicted of 34 felonies, why that’s bad for Joe Biden’ headline?

4 Likes

Doesn’t even have new material. Just playing the lazy hits.

1 Like

I think so, because it’s a rule if you’re convicted on 34 counts.

Google “Trump gag rule 34” to learn more.

24 Likes

Trump fucked around with the real America.

4 Likes

Guilty? I hardly even knewy!

3 Likes

According to a talking head, the charges aren’t stacked, since each charge is identical. Consequently, as a first-time offender, the claim is that even if he were a nobody he’d be looking at 4 years max.

First presidential candidate in history who wont vote for himself?

5 Likes